Though my husband and I have been Taipei for several times, this is our first trial to stay at hotspring hotel.
Since we would spend the first night at Tienlai Spring Resort, we have booked a taxi to travel from Taoyuen Airport (we arrived at Taipei in the morning) to Yang Ming Shan for sightseeing first and then check-in at Tienlai in late afternoon. It is not very easy to get to the hotel as there is only one bus route, with the frequency about 30 mins while the travel time is around 1 to 1.5 hrs from Taipei Main Station. That's why we decided to take a taxi so we didn't need to worry about our baggages or bus schedule.
Unfortunately, rain kept on falling after we arrived Taipei (actually it rains during our whole trip!), so we couldn't spend much time at Yang Ming Shan and needed to go to Tienlai earlier as we planned.
We have reserved a room at Tienlai II building which is in Japanese style. Our room is at highest floor facing hill view. We like the private hotspring at the balcony very much, esp in this rainy day! We couldn't see anyone using the outdoor hotspring in heavy pour ....It is convenient to use the private hotspring as it is connected to bathroom, so you can clean up easily. The room itself is spacious and in good condition, and many TV channels provoided.
We have bought a half board package and we may enjoy dinner at hotel restaurant, which is located at Tienlai I building. We didn't expect much on the food quality because we have read some bad comments on that (however there is no other restaurant nearby so we have to choose it). But finally we found the food are QUITE GOOD! Buffet is served, with Mongolian style BBQ as theme. The BBQ meat is delicious, though overall the food variety is limited. However the food variety at buffet breakfast is better, and the taste is good.
We didn't use many hotel facilities (eg. outdoor hotspring, SPA, gym room, etc) during our stay, so I can't comment on those. I think it is nice to spend 1 night here for hotspring. Just don't expect it is a very resort-like hotel...I don't think it is good to stay for over 2 nights....For couples, recommend to choose Tienlai II building with private hotspring. Overall I am satisfied with the hotel but just think it is little bit overvalued.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BOUTIQUE RESORT IN TAIWANYangmingshan Tienlai Resort & Spa The best resort hotel in northern Taiwan-Recommended by Michelin Green Guide TaiwanTianlai Spring Resort & Spa fuses the macrobiotic concepts of heaven, earth, and people and returns with its aesthetics to the most original design philosophy. Succinct, modern design and Japanese style are combined to form the contemporary Zen-style unique to Tienlai.Become the largest Boutique Resort in Taiwan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Tien Lai Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tienlai Spring Hotel Xinbei
- Tien Lai Spring Hotel
- Tien Lai Resort & Spa Taiwan/Xinbei