An experience of a lifetime..
Was there with my dad, mom and better half last year... This is a place where you should go at least once in your lifetime and the moment you are there you will feel like you should come here again and again. This time I would like to share the experience that I had with the Pros and Cons. Here it goes
- We had heard a lot about Monchasha and decided to go there for a weekend
- We traveled in a car from Kolkata. The drive is about 2 - 3 hrs. Alternatively a train route to Contai and then a pickup could had been opted for. But I wanted to drive. And the decision was correct. Driving on roads with Nature filled roads, ponds, rivers on both the sides with fresh oxygen was truly amazing
- The journey till the moment we drove in had made our expectations go very high and it was met superbly the time when we stepped in..
- A huge area with 2 big ponds, 4 bamboo cottages, gardens filled with flowers and veggies greeted us
- A small river curved behind the scene and the view was amazing
- Huge spaces in the cottages. Sleeps 4 + more easily..
- Neat bathrooms
- Clean linens
- Superb food. All this food comes from the garden outside with 0 pesticides or the pond where fishes grow naturally
- The owners and the staff deserves a special mention. They are one of the best I have ever seen. Talk with them for a hour or two makes you feel like you know them for long and they are part of the extended family
- Utensils deserve a special mention. You are served food on authentic Kasha platters
- Sit quietly on the balcony and watch the river flow by. Its one the most beautiful things I have ever seen
- Engage in the evening time lokgeeti where localites and the owners play folk music. If you know playing any instrument or like singing go on dont stop yourself
- Cook food in the kitchen
- Take a boat ride on the river during the sunrise
- Take a dip in the pond..
- Visit the nearby ashram and talk/ engage with the kids there and meet the man who has been father to many orphans there
This trip rejuvenated me like anything.. when I walked in I was stressed at my peak capacity. But when I left I felt like I have been freed of all my problems...
A must visit for all from my perspective
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “mon Chasha” Is A Blend Of Authentic Village Culture, Pure Earthen Tradition, The Cultural Heritage Of A Speed Less Rural Life And A True Sentiment Of Natural India. “mon Chasha” Is A Journey, A Theme Of Consciousness In The Global Tourism Arena By Creating A Sustainable Ecotourism Module With Social Responsibility :: Promote, Inspire, Develop, Support And Respect. Explore Rural Bengal :: Go Green. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Mon Chasha West Bengal, India - Midnapore