“Breathtaking views throughout!”

Canyon Overlook Trail
More attraction details
Owner description: This one-mile hiking trail starts just outside the east entrance to the Zion-Mt Carmel Tunnel, and leads to a dramatic observation point that provides impressive views of Zion's rugged landscape.
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

This was my favorite trail at Zion National Park. The hike was moderate, and there are several areas where you have to walk right near the edge. The views are beautiful on this trail...especially the final one at the very end!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

It's beautiful to hike and beautiful and fun at the end (you can see the cars going through the tunnel - and really appreciate how long it is!). I was a little worried because I do have a fear of heights, and I was taking 3 kids - the youngest age 4. The "drop off" warnings had me concerned... but then a guy at my hotel encouraged me to go and said that he has taken his granny on the hike! I'm so glad we followed his advice: Totally doable (I loved the fencing, to be honest!), and we actually liked this side of the park better than the one with all of the hikes. It was my favorite hike in Zion!

1  Thank jenrothg
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Not nearly as difficult as some of the others, but..... a lot of going through rock formations , some low level climbing and an awesome view at the end. I will say again about Zion - you are FREE to hike here without a bunch of rules and restrictions (at least when we went). Was our best vacation maybe ever!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

A short hike, that was fairly easy but, very scenic! Bring your camera right up to the edge if you'd like. Only one short fence with a sign with information about the canyon, otherwise there's no barrier...get as close as you dare to!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This was a pretty little hike with a nice view of a side-canyon at the end and some good looks at slot canyons throughout. There are some narrow ledges that may be nerve-wracking for anyone afraid of heights. A park guide told us that you can see big horn sheep from this hike on occasion, but we didn't get that lucky. Still a good, short hike. Total it took us an hour with relaxing and enjoying the view at the top.