“Handsome drive through amazing rock formations and lush forest.”

Zion-Mt. Carmel Highway
Book In Advance
More Info
$1,999.00*
and up
Experience Utah's National Parks: Zion, Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce Canyon, and...
More attraction details
Owner description: This scenic highway offers interesting curves and tunnels.
Chicago, IL
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Handsome drive through amazing rock formations and lush forest.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2009

A photographers dream! So much to see and absorb. My heart was bursting with the delights, my camera was loaded to the limit, my partner was willing to hike to get to new angles and sights, no day is long enough, no moment is without adventure. Enjoy!

6 Thank Seniorhiker19

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuttawa, Kentucky
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A Magical setting only the Imagination of Speilburg could hope to duplicate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2008

We happened upon this scenic drive at a time I'm sure no-one would think to go. It was in August, a Full Moon and around 1am. Yes I did say 1am. We had been to the Grand Canyon and decided to go north into Utah and travel west to Hwy 9 back down into Nevada. Being from a small State at the time (CT) the concept of traveling from one state to another in a short period of time seemed natural to us. NOT so out WEST! We pushed on, deciding NOT to find lodging for the night, and we were so glad we did. We entered the "Park" and were awe struck. The road and canyon walls, all aglow from the light of the Moon and the headlights of our car, created a magic that just wouldn't allow us to travel more than 2 miles an hour. We traveled this 10 mile streach, stopping every so often to just take it all in, at a continuous 2 mph. This was 5 years ago and to this day, I tell every one going to Utah that they must time their trip during a Full Moon. "A must see"

12 Thank PoplarCreekLodge
Aurora, Colorado
373 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 462 helpful votes
“Don't miss it!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2008

Just returned from our trip to Zion and you can't miss this scenic drive! I know many people that enter the park through the other entrance, exit that way as well and never get to see this amazing scenery. Even if you have no plans to enter or exit via this way, take the time to take the drive! It is well worth your time and bring the camera!

5 Thank Laurie S
Chicago
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Incredible Must See!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2008

The Mt. Carmel Highway is absoluately incredible. Your jaw drops. You can't get enough of this beautiful drive. We stopped at several of the turnouts and took photos. I could drive this highway all day and not get tired of seeing it. We didn't drive it the first time we were here, now I wish we had. I can't think of any other drive that is more beautiful.

7 Thank SLBChicago
South Jersey
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 396 helpful votes
“Abolutely Drive This Way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2006

We recently traveled to the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park. I had already seen the Grand Canyon as a kid and knew what to expect - so no "wow" factor for me. Bryce Canyon was just absolutely amazing - the pictures I saw ahead of time were just so beautiful, so I couldn't wait to see Bryce, which certainly didn't disappoint. However, I just wasn't all that eager to see Zion, just didn't think it could ever "wow" me like the Grand Canyon had years earlier and Bryce did the day before.

But then we approached Zion National Park from the east on the Zion-Mount Carmel Highway. Talk about a "WOW" factor. I made my husband pull over to the side of the road. What an unbelievable sight! Pictures do not capture the beauty, the sheer height of the canyon walls. Absolutely awesome!

So for us, the tunnel was very cool - fortunately, it moved quickly so I wasn't too claustrophobic. But it was the views from the highway that led to the tunnel which were absolutely breath-taking. I almost wished we had to leave going that direction! Definitely enter Zion National Park on the Zion-Mount Carmel Highway during the daylight hours.

17 Thank Mom2Boys