TripAdvisor

More Info
from $1,999.00
More Info
2,799 results
All reviews afraid of heights walter's wiggles refrigerator canyon half mile scout lookout final ascent coming down take your time chain section great hike sense of accomplishment narrow path strenuous hike steep switchbacks west rim trail both sides switch backs
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This trail wasn't an easy one. If you are in shape it can be challenging but not a problem. That being said I saw elderly people completing the climb up so it's not impossible. But the views at the top are absolutely breathtaking. If you are at this park and don't have any major health issues see if you can't get to the top. You'll be glad you did.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The trail was not easy but the hardest part is the very inclined section were you need to climbing with the help of just a metal rope. There is soo many people going up and coming down that it becomes very hard not to panic and get a good grip to the rope and not to feel that you just could fall. Getting to the part just before this trail with rope is just amazing as well that it is very recommendable even if you get to the very top.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed September 16, 2019 via mobile

This hike is physically and mentally challenging, but well worth it!! I feel like if you want to do it you can. I don’t work out and I was able to. Bring a good amount of water bc the hike up the wiggles can get you a little out of breath. If you are doing the chains I recommend having a backpack if you are carrying any items. Also, I think it’s a good idea to make a decision about the chain portion once you see it in person. The views are breathtaking and rewarding ! I definitely felt accomplished after this hike. Get there as early as possible. After parking and taking the shuttle, we got to the trailhead around 8:30am and it took 3 to 3.5 hours round trip. The trail was way busier on our way down, which was around 10:30am. Also, the trail can be a little hard on the knees.

Date of experience: May 2019
1  Thank SCG1990
Reviewed September 16, 2019 via mobile

This is must do hike! My Aunt and Uncle told me about this when they went to Zion NP a few years ago but, they chickened out and didn't do it.
This was the sole purpose for our trip to Zion NP.
MAKE SURE YOU CATCH THE FIRST SHUTTLE YOU CAN TO THE TRAILHEAD!
I think it's the 0600 or 0630 shuttle. Trust me, you want to get in and out at your pace.

We caught the 0630 shuttle. The trail starts off fairly easy, winding you along the river and gaining a little elevation. You can look back at views of the valley and river as you climb this beginning portion.

You come into a few switchbacks (not Walter's Wiggles, that's later). Utah loves their switchbacks! Anyways, you go through some switchbacks and start a pretty uphill climb (don't worry , it levels off a little after that).

Once through the "level part", then you get into Walter's Wiggles. I think there are 21 switchbacks?! Not too bad going up, coming down; different story after your legs are burning and you just want it to be over.

After Walter's Wiggles, you reach the top! Well. The top of that part and the beginning of Angel's Landing. Take a break here, grab some food and much needed water. Be careful though, the chipmunks and squirrels up there are ravenous! They hear a wrapper and they're on you like that! I had to keep pushing them off of me.

Ok, so now you're ready to start you climb on Angel's Landing. It starts off with the infamous 2" chain bolted into the rock. Don't worry it gets better. You continue to climb along the rock and take in the fantastic views of nearly 1,000 ft drops. As long as you have solid and sturdy boots/shoes, you'll be fine.
Just when you think you're at the top, nope! Gotta go up a little more.
Once you do finally get to the top, the views! And people...... but, take your time and take pictures. There's a boulder at the top (I climbed up to take a picture) it was a little hairy.

Coming down (this is why you want to go early!), there's only one way uo and one way down. It took forever to hike back down. You'd let a group come up and with any luck, the next group would let you come down. That made the 1/2 mile back down very aggravating for me atleast.

Morale of the story, take your time. Take pictures. Use the chain. Wear good boots.

I would love to do this again in the future!

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed September 13, 2019

I highly recommend this hike. BUT go early in the morning, you will be glad you did. Walter's Wiggles is an array of switchbacks leading up, up and did I say UP? Moosie loved it. When you finally get to Angel's Landing the view is incredible! Enjoy and savor the experience.

Date of experience: May 2019