Private Zion Day Trip from Las Vegas

Book in advance
from
$800.00
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Angel's Landing
from $800.00
from $36.00
from $10.00
from $15.00
2,959 results
All reviews afraid of heights walter's wiggles half mile scout lookout final ascent coming down take your time great hike chain section strenuous hike steep switchbacks west rim trail both sides decent shape amazing views be patient worth the effort
Selected filters
Reviewed September 16, 2019 via mobile

This is must do hike! My Aunt and Uncle told me about this when they went to Zion NP a few years ago but, they chickened out and didn't do it.
This was the sole purpose for our trip to Zion NP.
MAKE SURE YOU CATCH THE FIRST SHUTTLE YOU CAN TO THE TRAILHEAD!
I think it's the 0600 or 0630 shuttle. Trust me, you want to get in and out at your pace.

We caught the 0630 shuttle. The trail starts off fairly easy, winding you along the river and gaining a little elevation. You can look back at views of the valley and river as you climb this beginning portion.

You come into a few switchbacks (not Walter's Wiggles, that's later). Utah loves their switchbacks! Anyways, you go through some switchbacks and start a pretty uphill climb (don't worry , it levels off a little after that).

Once through the "level part", then you get into Walter's Wiggles. I think there are 21 switchbacks?! Not too bad going up, coming down; different story after your legs are burning and you just want it to be over.

After Walter's Wiggles, you reach the top! Well. The top of that part and the beginning of Angel's Landing. Take a break here, grab some food and much needed water. Be careful though, the chipmunks and squirrels up there are ravenous! They hear a wrapper and they're on you like that! I had to keep pushing them off of me.

Ok, so now you're ready to start you climb on Angel's Landing. It starts off with the infamous 2" chain bolted into the rock. Don't worry it gets better. You continue to climb along the rock and take in the fantastic views of nearly 1,000 ft drops. As long as you have solid and sturdy boots/shoes, you'll be fine.
Just when you think you're at the top, nope! Gotta go up a little more.
Once you do finally get to the top, the views! And people...... but, take your time and take pictures. There's a boulder at the top (I climbed up to take a picture) it was a little hairy.

Coming down (this is why you want to go early!), there's only one way uo and one way down. It took forever to hike back down. You'd let a group come up and with any luck, the next group would let you come down. That made the 1/2 mile back down very aggravating for me atleast.

Morale of the story, take your time. Take pictures. Use the chain. Wear good boots.

I would love to do this again in the future!

Date of experience: August 2019
2  Thank Burgher47
Reviewed September 13, 2019

I highly recommend this hike. BUT go early in the morning, you will be glad you did. Walter's Wiggles is an array of switchbacks leading up, up and did I say UP? Moosie loved it. When you finally get to Angel's Landing the view is incredible! Enjoy and savor the experience.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed September 12, 2019

I do not consider myself an expert hiker. I am 50 years old, but love adventure! As we started up the trail, we asked those coming down if they made it to the top. 90% of them said,”No” and had various reasons why they stopped at the chains. We decided to give it a try. Here are some helpful tips, if you are considering this hike for the first time. First, ALWAYS keep 3 points of contact (2 hands and a foot etc...) Go slow and keep sure footing at all times! Concentrate on your next move and not looking down at the valley. Pack lightly!! You really just need water for this adventure. I heard many complaints from those who overpacked. I would also recommend wearing light hiking pants instead of shorts. When we went there were 40mph wind gusts. There are places to rest on the chain part of this hike. There are 3 sections of chains at the top- so rest after you accomplish each section. The view is BEYOND WORDS AMAZING, as is the feeling of accomplishment! YOU CAN DO IT!! We plan to visit Zion again and this hike will be at the top of our “to do” list! Exhilarating!!

3  Thank mamadivesdeep
Reviewed September 11, 2019 via mobile

Catch the First Bus at 6am at the visitor center. Then the trail is easy, not crowded and with breathtaking views. Later its dangerous - to Many People barfeet or with sandals- almost suicide..

2  Thank sempifischen
Reviewed September 9, 2019

Angel's Landing is an exhilarating hike with spectacular views including areas where there are 1,000 ft drop offs on both sides of the trail and a half mile section of scrambling with the assistance of metal chains. Make sure that you are in good enough shape to perform the hike and that you have your fear of heights in check. The hike took my girlfriend and I about 3 hours to hike. I would consider ourselves in decent shape and have hiked more difficult trails before. I also highly recommend getting up very early and taking the first bus out from the visitor's center to angel's landing. That way you can avoid the long queues that occur on the way down. It can get kind of sketchy with hikers who don't move over for other people to pass. There isn't much room to work with in the section with chains.

1  Thank vangkiexiong