“WOWEE” 5 of 5 bubbles

$472.99*
and up
3-Day National Parks Tour from Las Vegas: Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce Canyon
More attraction details
Owner description: Angel's Landing is one of Zion's most spectular scenic outlooks; it can be reached only by a very demanding hike on the West Rim Trail.
Sheffield
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“WOWEE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2006

What an adrenaline rush!!
The views are truly amazaing and even though the hike to get there is pretty tough, it is well worth the effort.
Wonderful memories.

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“WoW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2005

Thank the men who made that trail! As the previous reviewer said "Chains are Good!" We did Observation Point our first day and that was my first hike ever! We did Angel's landing the second day. I am in good shape, running & weight training and I did get a little winded on Angel's landing but if you stop and take a short break you'll be fine. After Angel's landing we did the Narrow's trail. Don't do these two back to back the same day. I went all the way up Angel's Landing climbing over rocks, using that chain to hang on. No time to be scared because you have to focus where your hands and feet are going. This is great. I had to do a strange, feet first crab crawl on my bottom to get down. I really felt mortal when I made it back down. Don't miss this hike.

7 Thank jeepinmudgirl
san diego
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 549 helpful votes
“I Don't Know of a Scarier Hike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2005

I thought the view from Columbia Rock at Yosemite National Park was unbeatable----then I hiked the Angel's Landing trail last week. Columbia Rock made me feel a little dizzy. Angel's Landing made me earnestly wish I had wings (in case I fell). Do you like to skydive? BASE jump? Angel's Landing may be too tame for you. For a someone who's not an adreneline junkie, however, it's probably the biggest thrill you'll ever want to experience.

6 Thank booradley2
Clarksville, Maryland
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 395 helpful votes
“Awesome Hike!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2005

I did hike not too long ago and it is a great hike. But, It can be pretty strenous though. I think the trail is even steeper than the Bright Angel Trail at the Grand Canyon which wasn't that bad. But, I have done steeper hikes than this back east in the Appalachians. The trail first starts out along the Virgin River then starts switchbacking, which I think is the steepest part of the trail, but it all paved, which makes it easier. Then, it goes through Refrigerator Canyon which does feel like a refrigerator on hot days. Then, the trail goes through the "Walter's Wiggles", which is pretty steep but still paved. The first switchbacks were the hardest and were steeper than the second set of switchbacks (The Walter's Wiggles), but still the Walter's Wiggles are pretty steep and they are tighter switchbacks. Then, you come to Scouts Lookout, a good overlook and you can continue the last half mile to Angel's Landing, but this the scary part. I have a mild-moderate fear of heights, but decided to do it any way's and I didn't think it was bad at all, although I was keeping my hand on the chain in case I slipped which I almost did a couple of times. The last half of mile make use of your hands when you climb over rocks and other things. So, a little scrambling. But, the view at the end is very rewarding! It was incredible. The last half mile is the only unpaved part and requires some rock-scrambling, but is totally worth it because the views are much more panoramic than Scout's Lookout. Angel's Landing along with the Narrows were my favorites hikes at Zion. But, I really can't say which one is better because they are totally different and too hard to compare. But, definetly do Angel's Landing and the Narrows if you come to Zion. Angel's Landing is definetly worth it!

10 Thank asdaven
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best Hike Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2005

Made our first trip to Zion May, 2005. We love to hike the Nat'l Parks and have found this one to be our favorite! We began the hike around 8AM and made it to the top in under 2 hours. Go early when your legs are fresh and pack plenty of water. The people who started the hike on our decend had a much harder time.

The last half mile was more like mountain climbing with chains to hang on to. It is scary to look down but you go so slow, calculating your next step that you don't have time to look down. Not only is the view from the top beautiful but the sense of accomplishement was overwhelming. I will do this again when I go back!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member