“Amazing hike!!”

Book In Advance
More Info
$511.00*
and up
3-Day National Parks Tour from Las Vegas: Grand...
More attraction details
Owner description: Angel's Landing is one of Zion's most spectular scenic outlooks; it can be reached only by a very demanding hike on the West Rim Trail.
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This hike was absolutely brilliant!! You need a good head for heights and need to be quite fit!! Most difficult section is when you need the chains to guide and pull yourself up. But boy is it worth it with amazing scenery which took my breath away. Nice place to relax at top if not too crowded.

1  Thank paulsomer
Write a ReviewReviews (2,434)
All reviews
in 55 reviews
"amazing views"
in 99 reviews

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Views are amazing. The snow was mostly melted. It warms up throughout the day so wear layers. Difficult hike up, but down isn't bad and the views are so worth it.

2  Thank Kenzey P
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We made it up to scouts landing and attempted angels landing, but changed our minds... The hike up was great, the trail is impressive and well maintained, the ascent is quite challenging, but worth the effort... The vistas were breathtaking.

1  Thank colleens941
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We weren't going to do Angels because we're not fond of crowds and even in the middle of winter it's still 'the' trail in Zion with numbers to match. But.... we changed our minds.
Started early on our final morning with a total time budget of 2.5 hours and decided to go as far as we could before having turn around.
With a wind blowing down the canyon, it was very cold for a start but compared to our ice rink experience on the Hidden Canyon track, this was a (steep) walk in the park and we got to Scouts in less than an hour, giving us plenty of opportunity for photos, a snack and a good look at the chained section which was seriously tempting.
In the end, however, it seemed a bit silly to tackle it in a rush so we headed back down.
Our timing was perfect - saw only one other couple at the top and few other people until we got down closer to the carpark.
The views from Scouts as the sun came over the canyon walls were amazing, and we loved the whole experience. Hopefully one day we will get the chance to come back and complete the whole thing, but for now we're more than satisfied with what we achieved.

3  Thank Coastfans
See more reviews
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I used to think I was scared of heights. Also I have no training in rock/mountain climbing and I wasn't sure I could handle the chains and the precarious footing of the trail. But once I reached Scout's Landing and stood before the start of the Angel's Landing trail, I was filled with a kind of adrenaline rush. I even took the time to stand right next to the edge and look into the valley, with the winding rivers and roads and the cars that looked like miniature toys. It was exciting, thrilling, and I had no fear, interestingly. I expected my legs to turn to rubber or my head to turn lightheaded. But no, I wanted to keep going because it was so beautiful, no words could ever explain what I was seeing and believing.

Unfortunately I did not get to finish the trail because my travel buddy refused to go past the halfway point and she asked that I accompany her back. I would've gone all the way if I could. Someday in my life, I vow to return and complete this hike no matter what!

2  Thank Ilovenature4ever