“Right way to start the new year”
Review of Angel's Landing

Angel's Landing
Book In Advance
$472.99*
3-Day National Parks Tour from Las Vegas: Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce Canyon
$1,999.00*
and up
Experience Utah's National Parks: Zion, Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce Canyon, and...
$998.99*
and up
7-Day National Parks Tour: Zion, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley and Grand Canyon...
More attraction details
Owner description: Angel's Landing is one of Zion's most spectular scenic outlooks; it can be reached only by a very demanding hike on the West Rim Trail.
Barstow, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Right way to start the new year”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

This was one of the most amazing things I've done in awhile. Go early and beat the rush because once more people are on the trail it gets a little difficult and slightly more hairy. The initial climb makes for some beautiful views and gets the lungs warmed up. Once at the split in the trail you realize wow I'm about to do what? It looks very intimidating and it it should be. I saw many teens and kids on the chain portion of this hike and in my opinion they have no business being there. As an avid hiker and trail runner I know all to well the joys of taking nasty falls. The only difference this fall is going to kill you. Kudos to those that go on to do the hike but be smart, use the chains, don't get over confident, and please don't horse play. The kids behind us were racing each other from the top down, throwing snow balls along the way and making it rather stressful for myself when they would come up rather quickly behind me. Have common courtesy that others may not feel as comfortable as you and may take little longer ascending/descending. It's a must do and I plan on returning during warmer months to do it again.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Fun Hike”
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are big, occasional hikers. If we're on a trip, we'll always make at least one day a hiking day. We are by no means hard-core hikers, but we do enjoy challenging hikes, as well as leisurely ones. We are also suckers for an awesome view.

We ended up meeting my mother and father in law at Zion for Thanksgiving to do some camping and hiking and saw the pictures from Angel's Landing and knew that we wanted to try it.

The majority of the hike is pretty low key with a path wide enough for 4 people to walk side by side. However, the last 20 to 30 minutes of this trail is very strenuous and at a straight incline. My mother and father in law did not get all the way to the top and in actuality, many people turned around before climbing the last few legs up the the peak, but my husband and I are so glad we did! It is scary though at the very end, because the incline is so steep that they've put chains along the path to hold on to, and there's only enough space for 1 person at a time. This makes it difficult because you have to make room where there is none for people coming down. It's definitely hair raising and not for people who are afraid of heights, but the views are spectacular!

It's worth the effort and took us about 4.5 hours round trip.

1 Thank atlbride09
WASHINGTON
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Get the T-shirt”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

A very fun hike...and rather scary on the last part where you hang onto chains to get there.
Go early, take a lunch and lots of water. We didn't get started until about 9am and it was in the upper 90's on our way down.
The gift shop sells t-shirts boasting your accomplishment of having ascended and come back alive from Angels Landing!

Visited July 2013
South San Francisco, California
“Worth the effort”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

It was a fun climbing. The 0.5-mile distance was just about right. Neither too short to make it too easy, nor too long to make it boring. We spent almost an hour on the top of the cliff, enjoying the sunshine and breeze.

Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Fantastic views and an exhilarating hike”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is not for the faint of heart or anyone particularly afraid of heights. I have a little bit of that, and I had to face it and talk it down to complete this hike. Of the four of us hiking together, one was fearless, two of us proceeded with some anxiety and extra care, and the fourth chose not to go the last half mile. It's not that so strenuous, and the first half is up a paved pathway with a steady but not overly steep incline. But the last half-mile is hiking and scrambling along with seriously steep drops to one (or sometimes both) sides. I mean thousands of feet. They have mounted a thick chain into the sides of the cliff and you can always proceed with a firm grip on that chain, but you're still constantly exposed to drops that would end your life much sooner than you'd like if you fell, and this is hard to ignore. Of course you need sunscreen and plenty of water, and good shoes, and maybe a little protein along the way. But this is not for the physically weak, the frail, children under 12, or anyone who might be careless or unpredictable. For the rest, it's exhilarating and the reward is a stupendous panoramic view atop the Angel's Landing.

Actually I was there in June 2012