“Heartily agree that it is best to do this hike in the early morning”
Review of Angel's Landing

Angel's Landing
Book In Advance
$472.99*
3-Day National Parks Tour from Las Vegas: Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce Canyon
$998.99*
and up
7-Day National Parks Tour: Zion, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley and Grand Canyon...
$1,999.00*
and up
Experience Utah's National Parks: Zion, Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce Canyon, and...
More attraction details
Owner description: Angel's Landing is one of Zion's most spectular scenic outlooks; it can be reached only by a very demanding hike on the West Rim Trail.
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I only made it to the point where the chains begin (0.5 miles from the end). The good news is that you already get a great view from that point. I tried to go further but, after a few minutes, I realized that it was just going to be too frightening for me so I turned back. I did the hike in early September and, at that time of the year, I would definitely advise doing the hike very early in the morning (we took the first shuttle into the park) for two reasons : 1) The heat is not present early in the morning, 2) There are fewer people. Especially for my companions who did go all the way, it was very useful to be there early before the trail gets full of hikers which makes a tough trail even more difficult.

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Start this hike early to avoid the heat of afternoon. It's not a easy hike for sure but is worth it when it's done. It's breath taking at times and not a hike for the person with fear of heights. The greatest hike I've ever done. Bring your camera to get some beautiful scenery pics. A must do if your body will let you do it.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

This trail MUST be done EARLY MORNING! By late morning hours, the sun is already baking and the crowds make it alot more dangerous than need be. And I recommend leaving everything in the car but a camera and a whole lot of water. Trust me, you will not regret less baggage.

All-in-all, it took my sister and I, 5 hours roundtrip to complete. This was our first hike ever (yes call us irresponsible but unfortunately being city-folk we've never gotten a chance to hike before and we just had to do it!). But even if you are a seasoned hiker, budget your time generously in anticipation of traffic and prepare to be in awe of the scenery. This is not a hike to try and rush to break a record.

Refrigerator Canyon provides respite and has pretty awesome acoustics (you can practically hear every noise made within the canyon). Walter's wiggles, though steep are quite manageable in comparison to what lies ahead. The hike up to Scout's Landing was NOT easy by any means and if you are tired when you get here, I do not recommend attempting the last 0.5m to Angel's Landing.

While climbing the spine to Angel's Landing: resist the temptation to look down. The sheer drop-off will scare you silly so its better not to look. Instead, look around! Beautiful 360 views!!

The chains are helpful but don't rely on them. Climbing like a crab is helpful where there are no chains. And please don't be nasty or reckless. There were quite a few people like that on the trail who would push or jump over people just to cut them in line. Its completely unnecessary and dangerous. But don't get me wrong, the majority of the people on the trail were very nice and helped each other get up and down safely. Before descending tricky sections, I recommend stepping to the side and waiting for traffic to clear especially if you notice you are slow. It makes it less difficult and dangerous for you and everyone else.

The view when you finally arrive is absolutely beautiful. Be sure to get a victory panorama of yourself on top ;). Budget alot of time to spend up here because you inevitably will. You will feel a great sense of accomplishment. A unique experience that cannot be missed!!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is a difficult trek for inexperienced hikers or small children. To put it in perspective I am a 300lb man but have experience hiking, and I made it to the top. The first part is a bunch of switch backs, that are tiring but give you great views. Once you reach the look out, you should rest and take a look around. The final .5 miles is rough. There is no path, just chains and the general idea that you follow everyone else. It is worth making it to the top, but be careful. The views are hard to describe, but incredible would be appropriate.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

The way up was strenuous at times, but well worth it in the end!! Beautiful view at the top. I was very nervous about the chains at the "thought" of it, however in reality it was a lot better than expected. I didn't want my husband to bring his backpack but it did not hinder him in any way. The squirrels and critters at the top will get super close to you if you have food and if you leave your backpack to take a photo, be sure to zip it!! One squirrel was literally trying to unzip our backpack with its teeth. Do not feed the animals. They are like this because of humans...we cannot feed the animals and we must do our part to keep the wild, wild.