“Hang on tight!”

$472.99*
and up
3-Day National Parks Tour from Las Vegas: Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce Canyon
More attraction details
Owner description: Angel's Landing is one of Zion's most spectular scenic outlooks; it can be reached only by a very demanding hike on the West Rim Trail.
Rochester, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Hang on tight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

We are amateur hikers and loved this hike. You need to go into it prepared to work hard and drink lots of water. It took us around 4 hours round trip, and by the time we were done, we were ready to head to the hotel and hit the pool. The views, however, are incredible. There is no way to truly capture that beauty and majesty with a single picture. Even if you feel uncomfortable on the chains, the hike just up to scouts landing is worth it. I would stop at scouts landing with kids and older folks. The end of the hike really is precarious and I would hate to be spending that time worrying about someone that maybe couldn't hold up. But you should go!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“We MADE it. 4 hours.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

For my wife and I who are both just over 50 we were uncertain about our ability to make this hike. We had talked to friends who had done it in the past and assured us we could make it. It is a very steep climb. However, all but the last 1/2 mile are cemented/paved. So other than the lung struggles it is not that hard of a climb. The actual Angels Landing hike (the last 1/2 mile) was very intense. Holding the chain was very helpful. We left for this hike at 7:30am. So there weren't that many people who we met coming down on Angels Landing when we were going up. The views are spectacular! Everywhere you look. We had sunshine the whole time. We sat at the very end for 30 minutes to drink it all in! (and rest) The hike back down was quite uneventful. Total of 4 hours for us. Up and back. We DID it. :-)

1 Thank GinnyLu2009
Wisconsin
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“So worth it.....if you can handle the elevation!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

We got an early start, and took the Zion shuttle to Grotto. At about 8:45 AM, only a dozen people or so started the hike with us. It was a steep climb for the first hour or so, but we were excited to see what the hype was about. When we made it to Scouts, we assessed the situation. Ahead of us was a man in his 60's and his two daughters...probably both in their 40's but looked to be in good shape. He was leading the trip, and was leaving his wife, and grandson (maybe about 10) behind at Scouts. We figured....if they could do it....so could we. We trailed them and were cautious but the trail was solid, and the chains were everywhere that you needed them to be. Each and every turn took us higher, and gave us a more beautiful look of the canyon. Reaching the top physically was not hard....but you need to keep your head in the game. The top is amazing. We spend 20 minutes or so just enjoying the accomplishment, and the beautiful view. The hike down was also done cautiously, and more hikers had started the trek up....so many times we stopped to let the climbers by us. The videos I had watched had given me fits from my desk at home....but after doing it....I think it is appropriate for anyone with basic hiking skills, a strong will, and an appreciation for safety.

3 Thank wicked1963
Norfolk, VA
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Exhilarating!! WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hike (climb?!?) is approximately a 1500 vertical from start to peak. If you have a fear of heights, which I do, this will be more than a challenge for you - BUT if I can do it, so can you! You will climb the side of the cliff holding onto chains...and climb up "stairs" of rocks. The entire climb/hike will provide spectacular views of the canyon (and insane drops) but the peak is an exhilarating feeling of accomplishment and being on top of the world. ~ I was concerned about the hike/climb back down but oddly, for me and my spouse/friends...we found the return to be much quicker and easier (maybe we were even more focused?) I was concerned about the "cat in the tree" in that someone might have to help me back down but that was not the case! ~ A definite must if you enjoy challenges but do be careful...it is a dangerous hike. It took us 4 hours from start to finish.

3 Thank aswilkin
Melbourne, Victoria
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

The initial part of the hike up to the lookout is hard, hot and tiring, but there is a great view. The last section to Angels Landing is fantastic - scary, exciting, even dangerous. If you do it you'll have a tremendous sense of achievement. The sign at the start of this section says 6 people have fallen and died since 2004, but I'm surprised there hasn't been more. If you do fall, it won't be a broken leg - you'll be OK or you'll be dead. Try to avoid crowds by going early as it gets a bit harrowing going up and down when there are lots of people trying to keep hold on the chains.

Visited June 2013