“When you see it ... you'll believe you did it!”
Review of Angel's Landing

Angel's Landing
Book In Advance
$472.99*
3-Day National Parks Tour from Las Vegas: Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce Canyon
$1,999.00*
and up
Experience Utah's National Parks: Zion, Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce Canyon, and...
$998.99*
and up
7-Day National Parks Tour: Zion, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley and Grand Canyon...
More attraction details
Owner description: Angel's Landing is one of Zion's most spectular scenic outlooks; it can be reached only by a very demanding hike on the West Rim Trail.
buffalo, ny
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“When you see it ... you'll believe you did it!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

It is a more strenous hike. Major switchbacks and after Scout's landing... take a chance at the top. All age groups and our family of 5 had 3 that made it all the way to the top.

1 Thank familytraveller123

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Almost made it!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was a hike we talked about for days before we got to Zion, and until we were actually on the trail, I wasn't sure we were up to it. What a mistake it would have been to have passed this up! I can't add much to previous descriptions, except to say if one considers themselves at least in average fitness, they should try.

We made it up to Scout's Lookout, the last level ground before the ascent up the chains before we decided against going further. The biggest factor was the amount of people attempting to make the climb, and how unprepared they were. People wearing flip-flops with no water, and towing very small children scared us off the last part.

The views from all along this trail are unforgettable, and we hope to try it again soon, this time to the top!

Visited June 2012
2 Thank wanttogomore
Shaker Heights
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Breathtaking, but be careful”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Awesome hike, but not for kids. There are some sections of this trail that have 1,200 foot drop offs. I frequent National Parks and this is one of my favorite hikes. However, please be careful people have fallen. Awesome experience, I would highly encourage people to do this. You might be scared of the heights (1,200 foot drop offs), but when you get to the top the view is awesome. This trail also provides a sense of acomplishment when you finish it.

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“The most incredible death defying thing you'll ever do...”
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

This hike (climb-excuse me) will always have special significance. This was one of the first athletic things I had ever done with my boyfriend two years ago. I'm not incredibly athletic..I do ballet which is kinda snoody-hiking is the opposite of snoody. It's impossible to be proud and everyone you meet on hikes are nice:)

The last about half mile of the climb is holding onto chain link and hoping not to die. Don't worry you're safe. Completely. The view is totally worth it-I've never been a quitter and once you're on top you'll feel amazing.
My boyfriend proposed here this year so it will always have a special place in my heart.

If you go:
Get a camelbak- make sure you have 2 liters of water. Don't wanna get dehydrated

Pace yourself- don't go fast just to slow down you'll make yourself sick. Remember it's not a competition or a race. You'll have plenty of time to enjoy the view but enjoy the view as you go along too.

The switchbacks are tough but you're probably tougher. Take breaks. Hydrate. Push forward.

Boston, Massachusetts
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“WORTH IT.”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

After a hot night in our tents in August 2012, we woke up around 5:30a to pack up camp and start up Angel's Landing. We actually got on the trail about 7:30a and finished almost exactly 5 hours later. This is a difficult and scary hike and the earlier you start, the better off you are--first off, because it will be cooler before the sun comes up, and secondly because you want to beat the rush. Having to climb over your fellow tourists while clinging to chains for your very life kind of sucks. Luckily, we only experienced a lot of traffic on the way down. We also saw a hawk fly by at waist height on the way up. (Other hikers were saying it was a Peregrine falcon, but since then I've looked at pictures and I'm not sure it was. A red-tailed hawk is a much more common sighting in the summer, so I'm going with that.) The views and the experience you get while climbing AL are nothing short of spectacular. I visited many other NPs in this area and hiked quite a bit on this road trip, and AL was my favorite experience by far.

1 Thank phenchurch