“How Long does it take to hike Angel's Landing”
Review of Angel's Landing

Angel's Landing
Book In Advance
$1,999.00*
and up
Experience Utah's National Parks: Zion, Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce Canyon, and...
$511.00*
3-Day National Parks Tour from Las Vegas: Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce Canyon
$998.99*
and up
7-Day National Parks Tour: Zion, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley and Grand Canyon...
More attraction details
Owner description: Angel's Landing is one of Zion's most spectular scenic outlooks; it can be reached only by a very demanding hike on the West Rim Trail.
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I tried to search to see how long it would take to get up and down Angel's landing and I got the generic 3-4 hours, but I wanted to know how quickly it could be done so I could plan accordingly. I got on the 6 a.m. bus from the visitor's center, the first shuttle of the AM and was there by about 6:20. From the bottom to the top and back town again took me about an hour and thirty-five minutes. That was with a 5 minute stop at the top for pictures and to eat an apple. I did run down much of the paved path. I am in pretty good shape from doing medium distance runs and I also bike. I took my 13 year old daughter up that night and we did it in a little over 2 hours, though I did push her pretty hard.

The view is worth the climb and the experience of walking out on the ridge using the chains to help keep your balance is definitely a fun experience. I also did Observation Point the next AM and that took about 2:15 with a 10 minute stop at top. Both were great. If you only have time for one, I would suggest Angel's Landing because of the uniqueness of it, but the trip up to Observation point also has several wonderful views during the climb.

78  Thank Scott B
Write a ReviewReviews (2,386)

Reviewed June 7, 2012

The view from the edge is incredible looking down the canyon. We wished we'd started earlier in the day so we could have stayed longer. Worth the trip in our opinion.

1  Thank frac81
Reviewed June 7, 2012

only reason this doesnt get 5 stars is fact until you get to chains you're hiking on concrete/cement poured on the switchbacks. I guess to prevent run off? Was a little surprised. Last 3/4 mile makes the hike. Using chains climbing 60-75 degree angle or narrow ledge. The view from the top makes it must. suggest do hike early or late (we started at 330 on June 1) to avoid direct sunlight

3  Thank sccrref
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Angel's Landing is one hike I try to do every year. it is so cool.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

I do this hike every year because I love it so much. The key is to do it either off the first shuttle or at the end of the day. Both make it cooler and result in fewer people and therefore a pleasant experience allowing you to take it all in. The evening trip allows you to see the sunset which is spectacular!

Don't do it if you don't like exposure or you just plain won't enjoy it. There's so much in the area to enjoy, why do something that makes you uncomfortable?

8  Thank Subcortically