“Nice Rooms...Great Service....”

Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights. Stayed in the cowboy cabin. Was impressed with the service and amenities they had to offer. Rooms are decent. For the price its totally worth it.
I like the food the serve. Very well prepared. The overall quality of stay was good. I recommend it if looking to stay at a place that is close to Zion and Bryce.

There are newer reviews for Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We absolutely loved our vacation home and the view, but we would recommend people visiting Zion to stay in the park rather than stay offsite. First of all, it was quite a drive especially if you need groceries. No grocery shops below 45 mins drive! The first day, we spent the afternoon at the pool and doing some activities for the kids. The pool was overcrowded and very noisy. The activities were really expensive....every one of them was 10$ for just a few minutes of fun. The cook in the kitchen, Francis, was overstressed because it was so busy and shouting to her people and guests. I tried to order a bottle of red wine that was listed on the delivery list for the houses. I drove downhill to the reception as the phone was not working. I got shouted to that I would have to come back at 5.30 pm while it was 5.10 pm. A very unpleasant experience. Finally, the manager got involved and helped me out. So, no - despite the very nice vacation home, I was not impressed by the main facilities, activities and service. I would not recommend based on that.

Room Tip: We stayed at Elkhorn Bluff - a lovely house - nicely decorated and great facilities (washer/dryer an...
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Our family stayed here for 3 days as part of our family vaca out west. Stayed at one of the vacation homes. La Mesa. Great House. Good views from the porch. Nice Hot Tub. The resort has plenty to do. Our kids loved the pool and the mini golf. We did the chuck wagon dinner one night. The food was great but we got rained out and had to move the dinner in doors. Despite this the staff did a great job of switching gears and assuring that we were well fed. All of the food was really yummy. I think the apple cobbler needed a little more time to cook but still quite good. Overall a great place to stay and only about 20 minutes from Zion National Park.

Room Tip: I'd recommend getting a vacation home if you are going with your family
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Our family reunion was a huge success. Over 35 adults an more that 11 kids under 12 years.
Lots to do for every age. Accommodations for every budget. Francis, at the restaurant arranged a dinner for all of us. The food was outstanding and the service was great. Did I mention that it was also our (Wife and I) 45th anniversary? Francis made it an event we will remember with great fondness. Thanks to her and her staff for a wonderful time. Do I recommend this place?? You bet I do. You cant go wrong.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We camped at Zion Ponderosa for our 2nd anniversary because online it looked like the best value of all the other surrounding campsites. We saw they had a shower house and a pool and it looked like my kind of camping. Even just one night into our stay, my husband and I knew we would come back to Zion Ponderosa. We were so impressed by the service, amenities, location, value and lodging options. Before arriving I called ahead with some questions about the campsite facilities (water, electricity) and I was helped by very friendly and helpful phone service. We found that while each campsite does not have its own water source and electricity source, there is a water source close and central sites and the shower house was only a few campsites away and that had water, electricity, a dish washing station, and bathrooms. There are larger campsites to accommodate larger groups and smaller campsites for smaller groups. All sites have lots of shade which is great for the hot summer months. If camping in tents is not your thing, there are many other options from RV’s to cabins to huge vacation houses. The first night we were helped out by the camp manager himself, Michael Kane. Michael not only helped make sure our camp had everything it was supposed to (garbage can with a clean liner, picnic table and portable fire pit), but he also got to know us and when he found out we were celebrating our 2nd anniversary, he offered to lead us to Observation Point trail-head the next morning. We took him up on that offer and even though he was busy, he gladly hopped on his motorcycle and lead us 10 minutes away to the beginning of the hike. The next day he told us about a beautiful swimming hole that was not overcrowded by tourists, it was amazing! We also found that any question about Zion Park or nearby area was easily answered by the office staff. They were so friendly and knowledgeable with every little question we had. The shower and bathrooms were clean and the pool was beautiful with an infinity wall, slides and a hot tub. Each night of the week there was an activity to participate in and there are also various free activities in the recreation barn and outside tennis/basketball courts. At the front desk they had a little shop to buy items you may have forgotten. I was surprised that the items were fairly priced and that they didn’t try to nickel and dime you. They do have extra ice for about $2 a bag and once all your ice melts in the heat, you don’t mind paying that for a couple of bags. As for location to Zion National Park, it was less than 5 minutes away and right on the border of the upper trail head entrance. This trip was a success and we will continue to stay at Zion Ponderosa again and again. If you stay here, tell Michael that the "anniversary couple" say hi! Check out their website or give them a call, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Campsite #10 was quite large, plenty of shade and right next to the water source.
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed here last year for 4 days at the beginning of a long road trip. The service is average (many young people; not feel trained), but for the most part, they try to accommodate. they have many different levels of accommodations, depending on what you're looking for. We stayed in covered wagon one night (pretty much like camping above ground) and in a cowboy cabin the other 3. The shower facilities were generally clean and available when we needed them. The location is very convenient to Zion and we drove to Bryce Canyon as well. There are plenty of activities on property to keep the family busy. All in all, we enjoyed ourselves and found it was a good value. We are going back for a week next month. We love Zion!

Room Tip: liked the cowboy cabins
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Elon P
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed here one night at a tent site (#13) and went canyoneering with these guys and we absolutely LOVED it. I was planning our trip from Miami and having never been anywhere around Utah or any canyons for that matter, I called several times to make reservations and ask tons of questions. Everyone I spoke with was super friendly and knowledgable.

We didn't realize there was a time difference between Vegas and Zion (woops...) and so were actually late for our canyoneering trip, but they waited for us and didn't give us any heat for it. The guides - Russ and Kevin - were phenomenal. They were really friendly and really made the day a fun experience. We must have asked a million questions and they were cool about it, answered everything, told us stories, never got annoyed.

More importantly, we felt really safe the entire trip, which, when you're backing off the edge of a rock wall 100 feet in the air with nothing but a harness and some rope holding you, is saying a lot. Between them, they have so much experience, and you can tell they really love what they're doing, so I was never worried or nervous. It was my first time doing anything like this and I'm totally hooked. Wish there were mountains to rappel off of in Miami.

As for our stay, we had a nice time at the ranch itself. We went in the pool, which was FREEZING, but the water slide is a good way to just get in without thinking about it! There's a lot of other stuff to do around the ranch, which we didn't since we were only there for one night and were exhausted.

The food at the restaurant is OK. Nothing to write home about, but it's not bad either. The packed lunch is really convenient (get the turkey).

We'd love to go back with our families, since there's so much to do for all ages and it's so close to the park and to Springdale.

And go canyoneering! It's epic!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Zion National Park
Hampton Inn & Suites Springdale Zion National Park
Cable Mountain Lodge
Cable Mountain Lodge
#3 of 16 in Springdale

Been to Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!