“Amazing Views”

$472.99*
and up
3-Day National Parks Tour from Las Vegas: Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce Canyon
More attraction details
Owner description: The most popular route through Zion, which includes the famous top-to-bottom Narrows Hike, Weeping Rock, Emerald Pools, and Hidden Canyon.
corvallis
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Views”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My last trip to Zion was in 1980. How things have changed! The shuttle up the canyon allows one to see the beauty without having to watch the road. The majesty of the views and the ability to get off and on at will to hike, picnic or just to take pictures is wonderful. We ate on the deck of the Zion Lodge and are already planning to return and stay there. Because we are "seniors" and have the National Park service lifetime pass (the greatest deal EVER) entry to the park was free.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Cardiff
216 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 351 helpful votes
“Spectacular, but arrive early to park”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We drove from our B&B in Glendale going west on Hwy 9 to the Visitor's Center, so we got to enjoy the fabulous diversity of rocks and foliage around every bend in the winding road and the 1 mile tunnel. Do listen to the AM radio info when you see the signs to get info on vehicle size restrictions and other important news.

At 9 am on a Monday, the parking lots were almost full and we didn't want to have to go farther West into town to find street parking and ride another shuttle.

We watched the movie in the Visitor center and got a park newspaper with good details (not found in the brochure you get upon entry) of the hikes and sights to see.

This canyon is viewed from the bottom up and the shuttle takes you the Temple of Sinewave to access the Riverwalk Trail. We walked along the Virgin River past a variety of high, narrow canyon walls and hanging gardens for about a mile. The shuttle driver's narration of the fierceness of the docile-looking river made the journey more interesting as we tried to imagine it flooded. We didn't continue past the end of the pavement as that involves wading/swimming in the river. We did utilize the shuttle several times along its route for short hikes to the various attractions along the way and never waited more than 10 minutes to re-board.

Our time was limited, so we got back into the car around 2 pm and headed for two hikes suggested by friends. The first, is and easy walk to some Petroglyphs and a pool near the only pull-out with a wood fence. Ask a ranger for details as I can't explain how to find it. And the next was the Canyon Overlook (parking almost at the east the tunnel entrance) for a breathtaking view (and hike) looking over the switchbacks in the valley. Do wear hiking boots with traction for this one.

Again, one day was not enough and I plan to return with my RV, but the temperatures are much warmer (upper 80's early May) than Bryce (which was below freezing a few nights prior), so timing them both for May or Sept may be tricky. Enjoy!

Columbia, South Carolina
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Spectacular and Incredibly Well Organized”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

A sensational place to start a tour of Utah's famous national parks. No need to take your car if you are staying at Springdale. The Park offers a shuttle from the town to the Park Entrance, and their you can take the shuttle-which runs regularly and frequently all of the Park. The views at each stopping point are sensational, and there are a wide variety of hiking trails, ranging from very easy to very strenuous. Zion is magnificent although we liked Arches and Capitol Reef slightly higher, in terms of scenery. The drive through Zion eastbound toward Bryce is one of the most unbelievable such routes in the world!!!! In general, routes 9, 12, 24 and 95 rank high up in terms of awesome!!!
This should be a must-see stop for anyone.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank hbs74
Whittier, CA
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Amazing Hikes and Spectacular Views”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have had a desire to visit Zion National Park now for several years, but have not had the opportunity until this past Spring Break. I loved every minute of my trip. This was a family trip, with my wife and three children ages 5, 7 and 8. As a family we were able to complete 6 of the hikes and I did an additional 3 hikes on my own.

If you are intending to go on family hikes, I would recommend Emerald Pools, the trail leading from Emerald Pools to Angels Landing, Weeping Rock, Canyon Overlook, and Riverside Walk. These are relatively short hikes, about 1 mile each way, or less. You still need to monitor your children and keep them away from the edge of some steep cliffs, but overall they are family friendly.

My favorite hike was Angels Landing. It's about a 1500 foot ascent to the top of a spectacular 360 degree view of Zion. The last 1/2 mile is pretty steep and is not recommended for inexperienced hikers or people afraid of heights, as there are extremely steep cliffs on either side of the trail which can get pretty narrow in certain spots. It is best to go early in the morning or later in the afternoon as it can get pretty busy late morning into the early afternoon. This hike alone was worth the entire trip.

A word of advice, which nobody tells you: If you are planning to visit the 5 national parks in Utah, or even 3 of the 5, purchase the National Park year pass. The price for each national park entrance is $25, the year pass is only $80 and you can use it at ALL National Park entrances in the USA. I did not find this out until I got to the park entrance of Bryce and they charged me another $25. What they failed to mention to me as well, is that I could have applied my entrance fee from Zion at Bryce to purchase the year pass. I did not find this out until later when I got home to California and researched it on the National Park Website. This was the only negative part of the trip, other than that, I loved every minute of my trip to Zion.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank FitTeacher
The Hague, The Netherlands
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“The Main attraction”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The main attraction is Zion's main canyon as the whole shuttle tour and hiking trails revolve around it. Once accessing the park, make sure to ask the, very courteous rangers, for information and the best vistas. They will provide you with a map and great guidance. If you are not inclined to hiking, then take the 80 minutes round trip shuttle tour around the Canyon and enjoy the view!