Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Algotels
StayForLong
2,696 results
All reviews dining room skyline drive premium room stony man horseback riding gift shop hiking trails ceiling fan traditional room valley view get away the wait staff big meadows coffee maker trout blackberry ice cream pie dining hall
Selected filters
Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

Skyland is a great place to stay if you are exploring Shenandoah National park.

I am currently typing this sitting on my rooms' balcony watching a vivid sunset overlooking the valley, listening to the chirping insects and watching the chipmunks scampering about which is lovely.

It is not all great though. The rooms are dated and in need of refurbishment. THE EXTRACTOR FAN IS LOUD, I think the bearings went in the 70's. They have let young trees grow up over the last 20 years which really spoil the view from your room.

There are some great beers in the bar but the food is not great and a bit on a the cold side. I think there is a lot of pre-preparation and a reliance on a captive market.

Don't bother with the Wifi, I am working 2 intermittent bars of AT&T 4G from my room.

I would recommend Skyland to my friends if they were coming here - but I would forewarn them what to expect!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank NickL898
Nick S, General Manager at Skyland, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

Hello

Thank you for your comments and we hope that you will visit again soon

Reviewed September 19, 2017

We came out of DC and knew we had to stop on our way to the NC mountains. The restaurants are excellent and except for a few trees that need to be topped, the views are great. We got a great sunset from the balcony of our room.
We have been visiting this rustic resort for 40yrs and go there anytime we get close. Last time we were there with small children the deer walked through the playground when the kids went in.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a valley view.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Nick S, General Manager at Skyland, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2017

Hello Robert

Thank you for your comments and thanks for visiting us for the last 40 years !

Reviewed September 18, 2017

Our room was very nice with 2 queen beds, table with 2 chairs, coffee maker, adequate lighting, flatscreen tv, air conditioning, a small bathroom, and patio with 2 chairs. The view of the Shenandoah Valley was beautiful, especially at sunset. Our only complaint of the room was the uncomfortably soft mattresses. Our room was adjacent to the office and within walking distance to the restaurant.
My big concern was the price--close to $200 per night. We have stayed in finer accommodations for the same price. I guess the question is, "Are you willing to pay the price to stay in the park?"

Room tip: There are different levels of accommodations. Choose which best suits your wants and needs--tv, ac, views, etc.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank yodab
Nick S, General Manager at Skyland, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

Hello

Thank you for your comments and we hope that you will visit us again in the near future

Reviewed September 13, 2017

Spent the night at Skyland. Our room was clean and comfortable. We had great food, great service and great entertainment. The cloggers were great to watch. Couldn't have been better. We will be back again. !

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Nick S, General Manager at Skyland, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2017

Hello

Thank you for the great comments in regards to your stay with us and we very much appreciate the great rating that you provided us. Please visit again soon !

Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

Spent the first few days of our honeymoon 50 years ago. To honor my wife's passing I went back in her memory. The lodge is just as I remembered even better. Peaceful and quiet beautiful views from the balcony. Excellent restaurant overlooking the Shenandoah Valley and a full bar (which wasn't there in 1967). The sunset below is from my balcony.

Trip type: Traveled solo

Hello Jay

Thank you for your comments and glad you were able to honor your wife's passing by staying at Skyland again. We appreciate the great rating that you provided us