Skyland
$70
$68
The Mimslyn Inn(Luray)(Great Value!)
$125
$93
$55
$48
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,342 results
All reviewsdining roomskyline drivehorseback ridingshenandoah valleystony manpremium roomgift shopceiling fanhiking trailstraditional roomspectacular viewscoffee makerdining hallfried chickenget awayblackberry ice cream pielive music
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Went hiking all day in the park and was anxious to enjoy a good meal in contrast to the trail mix eaten all day. Food and service were great. Had the pork tenderloin and my wife had the striped bass. The view from the window table was nice as well. Don't miss the fresh made blackberry ice cream.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Schichl J
Reviewed July 23, 2013

If you're looking for a place with simple accommodations and a beautiful view of the Shenandoah mountains this is the place for you. Our "deal" included a fantastic breakfast buffet every morning that was a great start to a day of hiking. The service at the restaurant was always very efficient and the menu had both low cost items and higher priced meals (the blackberry ice cream is a must-try). This is not a luxury hotel. If you are going to complain about the conditions of bathroom tile or the saltiness of the breakfast sausage then this is not the place for you. By the way each morning we had a very nutritious breakfast of strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries included on the cold buffet side. The pastries were delicious as well. We have fond memories of this place and can't wait for a return visit!

Room Tip: Didn't really need the TV.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank hofflt
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect after reading some pretty negative reviews. I was happily surprised that the room was large, and had amenities (hair dryer, TV, a/c) that I wasn't used to from my other National Parks lodging experiences. The food is the restaurant was quite good and the service from Torez was prompt and courteous. The best part of this resort are the spectacular views!! My room had a lovely balcony and first thing in the morning I stepped outside to a bear looking right at me - not even 20 feet away! This was the icing on the cake after watching a beautiful sunset the night before. I will definitely return!

Room Tip: preferred rooms offered air conditioning
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stumbled on this place 25 yrs ago on our way back from Virginia beach. A comfortable but rustic lodge on top of a 4000 ft mountain overlooking the Shenandoah Valley. What more can anyone ask for! It's breathtakingly beautiful. We saw a bear from our room/porche. Climbed Stoney Man mountain and ate lunch and had a beer. We went horse back riding on a mountain trail. We go back a couple of years. The last time we kayaked down the Shenandoah River on a 4 hour trip that included class 2 rapids that get you all full of laughs and beautiful sceneryo n both sides of you. Quite possibly the best thing I've ever done. Can't say enough about this place.

Room Tip: upper levels with porch. I like to contact the hotel direct to get the right view cause I'm fussy like that :) a suite called Shenandoah is floor to ceiling 360 panoramic views of the valley and mountains, takes your breath away.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nancyG57
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I live a two-hour drive away from the Skyland and Big Meadows Resorts at the Shenandoah National Park and have stayed at these resorts 1 to 3 times each year for the past 15 years. Aramark was the park concessioner during those years until the end of the 2012 season. While Aramark was in charge, I'd have given a rating of 4 (Very Good) out 5 to both resorts. The lodges, restaurants, gift shops and camp stores were simple yet adequate but all had a rustic charm. Prices did go up at these places in the past 5 years, but in my opinion Aramark managed the price increases fairly in order to reflect the rising costs of supplies.

This year's 4th of July long weekend was my first return to Skyland Resort after Delaware North Companies (DNC) became the new concessioner of Shenandoah National Park, and it was the WORST visit in my 15 years at the Shenandoah. Here's a summary of my complaints:

1) I had the breakfast buffet at the Skyland dining room on two consecutive days. The sausage gravy had virtually no sausage in it and was all salt. I like my food really salty, so I knew it was bad when the gravy tasted way too salty even to me. The hash browns were so soggy that multiple pieces were stuck together to form a big lump. Despite being in steam warmers, the food items were cold. These same problems occurred on both days I had the breakfast buffet. I did see a manager monitoring the buffet station on my second morning there. How he could have found the consistently soggy big lumps of hash browns acceptable is beyond me.

2) While Aramark was in charge, dinner entree of fried chicken was a half chicken (e.g. 4 pieces). With DNC dinner entree is now two pieces and costs more. Enough said.

3) I saw an item at the Skyland gift shop that I thought of purchasing. It belongs to a product line that's been available at all the Shenandoah gift shops for at least 5 years. Armark charged around $18-$19 for this item; DNC is now charging $29.99. That's a 50% price increase in the 9 months since my last visit in November 2012.

4) Most vinyl tiles on the bathroom floor of my lodge room were peeling up and showed serious signs of deterioration. DNC did not care to address such basic problems when it took over management of the property, but it sure raised the room rates.

5) Now the show stopper - FLEA BITES!
I got more than a dozen flea bites from my stay at the lodge room during the July 4th weekend. My friend who slept on a separate bed in the same room had two flea bites. I am pretty sure at this point the bites were from the bed linens. I never got flea bites from staying at Skyland or Big Meadows for 15 years under Aramark's management, even with all the hiking through woods and walking through the meadows. First visit under DNC's watch and it happened.

Immediately after the trip I submitted online feedback to DNC to express my concerns. It's been over a week and I have yet to hear from DNC; the issue of flea bites alone should have gotten their attention. At the risk of sounding like a broken record by mentioning Aramark, Aramark contacted me just two days after I had filled out its online survey and the manager with whom I spoke was very professional and courteous in her handling of my feedback. In contrast, DNC simply appears an amateur, family-owned business whose only goal is high profit instead of professional park and facility management.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends