“STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!!!!!”

Front Royal RV Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shenandoah National Park
Front Royal RV Campground
Reviewed May 31, 2010

This place is now run by carians that can barley speak english, and all there doing is taking your money! The pool is so filthy and smells like urine I don't think thay ever put chemicals in it as it is cloudy, There is no lounge chairs to lay on they have kitchen chairs out there. The slide is nothing but a snake habitate as it it so grown up around it. We were lucky enough to get a cabin (that we booked 2 weeks in advance) but it was the worst on in the place I guess the good cabins are for there family because thats about all that was there this memorial day weekend! That and we witnessed people of there culture taking wood from the owners house mind you they charged an arm and a leg for us to purchase it. There is no snack bar anymore that building is all boarded up! They have the nerve to charge you for put put golf! This place is so run down please take your time away from home someplace else and keep our american dollar in our own country!
We'll be going to Jellystone park next time thats in Lauray VA. American owned thank you!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sunlovengirl1228

Reviewed May 30, 2010

If you only listen to1 review let it be this one. Pictures from brochures are highly fake. Only positive of this place was the pool. Couple that run it don't seem to have much of a clue. Cabin rentals? Oh yeah if that's what you want to call a bug infested small shack with more holes then Swiss cheese, and spend more time killing and fending off the bugs, the a quiet relaxing camping trip. So please do yourself a favor stay anywhere but here!

1  Thank firetrap110
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Love it. The view is spectacular. Family oriented.
In Spring, the budding of the trees and activity of the wild life is wondrous to behold.
Summer is pleasant on top of the hill in this little burg of a campground. Kids splashing in the pool.
Horseshoes clanking while a son makes a ringer. One on one is played on the court. There are young ones crawling around on the pirate ship and gym. Can even get in 18 holes of putt putt.
Take a stroll down to the fishing pond. Toss back.
Fall, color me beautiful. You name a color and you will see it around you. Air crisp and with just a touch of chill. Bring a sweater. Walk the cow field and look for the Eagle. There are even miniature ponies if you look.
June and Mr. Kim will help with anything you need. Both are friendly and care that we have a good time.
As you can tell, I come here often. It’s a great get away from the hustle and bustle of DC and Baltimore.
Quick hop up the road down 66 or over Whites Ferry.
Relax, sit back and listens to the acorns hit the ground.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank mystfly
Reviewed October 19, 2008

One star is far to much for this campground. I took a church group of kids there for the weekend to do some apple picking for the hungry nearby. There were 7 of us Friday night and 9 on Saturday as two kids showed up late. We rented an RV and a Tent site. We were charged $235. I quickly noticed it was "a little " high. I tried to explain that to the woman and man behind the counter, but they assured me it was correct. We had 5 staying in the camper and 2 staying in a tent. We tried to just set the tent up on the rv site because the girls were on their first camping trip and were afraid, but the man came by and told us we had to move it because " RV'ers are annoyed by tenters" . I went down to the store to cancel out the tent site and just get the empty RV site beside us for the girls. I explained that there were only two girls and they were afraid. He said "no". I again questioned spending more for the tent site than the RV. ($128) for two kids for two nights. He said it was correct and seemed annoyed with me. I returned the next morning to once more plead my case. I noticed he was charging me for the site plus 26 extra people. He was double charging me for each person. I tried to make him understand because of his broken english, I figured we had just had a communication issue. I wrote out on paper the numbers in my group. That is when he said I was lying. I quote. "How do I know thats how many you had last night?" I told him he had stopped by 4 times last night and should know, plus I had dropped by the previous night to make the changes because of the numbers. He said he could not be sure I was not lying and if he gave me a refund, the owner (which I think was him) would think he was stealing from the register. He told me to make sure I told them exactly how many I had next time I came. (as if I am ever going back!). In the end my kids lost over $100 to this crook. Don't even get me started on the conditions of the campground.

• Stayed: October 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank madtabadger
Reviewed May 28, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at Front Royal Campground over Memorial Day weekend. We were planning to stay at the campgrounds in Shenandoah National Park, but we didn't make reservations and the park was full. We began frantically calling campsites on a list given to us by a forest ranger, and Front Royal was the first campsite with an opening. We were so happy just to have a place to stay that we were more than willing to overlook the campground's many faults.

But other travelers might be a little more discriminating. The hot water heater was broken in the showers near the tent area of the camp, so we had to walk all the way to the front of the camp to shower. Also, the tent sites were pretty cluttered with ash, weeds and rocks. The managers told us to have our trash in the cans by night and they would empty the cans (to avoid tempting any bears to wander over), but the trash can was still full every morning. Thankfully, we didn't run into any hungry bears. We didn't use the pool, but it didn't look too inviting, and the water slide looks like it hasn't been used in years. On the bright side, the bathrooms were always clean and well stocked.

We thought the management--a husband and wife--were very nice and friendly. But this campsite has clearly seen better days.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2008

My family went to stay at this campground this past weekend (5/23/08) and we were highly disappointed. The positive was that it was very quite and relaxing. However the brochure said they would have pancake breakfast, movies, and a water slide. Their was nothing like this at all. The waterslide was overgrown, dirty and can tell they had no intentions of getting the slide ready for summer. The pool had about knee deep water in it and it should of been filled (5ft). The overall appearance was horrible. We kept thinking this place has so much potential and nothing is being done with it. The playground was not the best and a slide fell, while a child was on it. The miniture golf kept the kids interested for a while but was horribly distressed and could of been a little more manicured. Poison ivy was just growing everywhere. It was a shame and I can't see how they can get by with advertsiing false activities. Don't bother about going unless you have no kids.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank mcnair04
Reviewed June 16, 2007

To start, we live in the town that this campground is in and we use to go there all the time (like every other weekend) and it has really gone down hill. It did use to be a KOA but the owners bought another campground and they sold this one to a married couple who will not hire any other help. Their website says that it offers all these activities like pancake breakfast, movie room and crafts this is not so. All the new owners did was copy the original website by the old owners and changed all the names to Front Royal RV Campground. There is not a movie room anymore, the arcade has been closed off and there are no weekend activities. This couple is extremely overwelmed and there is no way they can keep it up. The bathrooms are not always clean and the sewage seems to back up in the mens room quite a bit. A lot of the sites are starting to get overgrown with weeds and fallen limbs from trees. I admit that we still go there but it is nothing like it use to be. Do not be fooled by their website. It is false. Print if out and bring it with you and see what they say. We go because it is close to home but yet enough to get away from the stresses of work. On the flip side there is nothing prettier than Front Royal and there is so much histroy. Skyline Drive is a must see and is only about 3 miles from the campground.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank wildcatfans

Been to Front Royal RV Campground? Share your experiences!