“Disappointed” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Skyland

Skyland
More attraction details
Owner description: Highest altitude in the park.
Gordonsville, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Beautiful lodge, But poor food for the first time and I have been visiting every year for at least 30 years.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Gayle789

Washington DC, District of Columbia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Fun Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed one night here. Wished we could have stayed another night. We didn't have much of a view because of the fog and rain, but I imagine it is breathtaking on a clear day. There is a nice playground that the kids enjoyed. Rooms are older and rustic, but still clean and the atmosphere gives you the feeling that you are roughing it a bit. Food and service were excellent at the restaurant. There was a fun bluegrass band playing at the lodge that evening. There are lots of hikes nearby. We enjoyed our stay very much and hope to return next year!

Visited July 2013
Wheaton, Illinois
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Old room - great view - nice dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed one night - had a BEAUTIFUL view - just stunning. Room is older - clean but "rustic" and had to kill a few bugs. Bed was comfy.

We ate there that night - in the dining room (not the pub area) - we enjoyed our meal. I had the turkey - lots of it and moist. My son had the meatloaf and liked it. The server was very nice - made sure my husband and I had great wine/beer information. Really - for hauling everything up the mountain - and what my baseline is for national parks - I thought they did well.

Visited June 2013
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“We stayed at Skyland lodge/resort to sleep & eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Nice village for playground, eating, views, sleeping (rustic rooms), and entertainment (1-2 man bands every night).

Visited June 2013
Wilmington, Delaware
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“First time I was disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I have been staying at Skyland 3 times a year for the last 19 years but this time I was disappointed. Not with the room...it was spacious and spotlessly clean. I was surprised not to have been given a room with a view because I had made the reservations well in advance and there were plenty of empty units. evidently you now have to be really specific about the view. the dinning room leaves a lot to be desired. It was always expensive but is now downright ridiculous. And very limited selections. For breakfast they really push the buffet. I found the hot dishes luke warm. The menu offered only 2 other egg dishes. One was a 3 egg omelet.....however the price quoted was just for the eggs. If you wanted to add ingredients to make it a real omelet they were 75 cents each. Be sure to bring your bankroll if you want to at dinner there. Again very limited, very expensive selections.

I still intend to stay at Skyland but I will either eat from my cooler or go down into Luray for better dinner options. It isn't't that far.

Visited May 2013