“Rustic Mountain Resort”
Review of Skyland

Skyland
More attraction details
Owner description: Highest altitude in the park.
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Enjoyed our stay. We came for some rest & relaxation. The resort had a perfect view of the mountains. The room did need some updates.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Very enjoyable, easy one-hour ride along a wooded trail. Our guide Dillon ensured we stayed on track.
The horses were all well behaved and knew the trail well.
No opportunity for scenic photography.
Horse stalls were just large enough for the horse to turn/lay down. However, they appeared to need cleaning/fresh bedding.
Didn't see fresh water.
Two of the horses were coughing (allergies?).
One of the horses on our ride was 20 years old. I'm not a horse person so not sure what is considered 'old'.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

First Visit , and I picked the most wonderful day. Weather was perfect. Colors had not peaked however, not as brilliant in color, but was a wonderful peaceful adventure, The drive is approx. 104mi one way. You can stop at the scenic view areas along the drive to take pictures. Also there were some picnic stops along the way just to take in the views and enjoy nature. There is a fee to get in. Do not remember the specifics,but the website list everything.

Great Day in the Mountains........

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We always pop in for a bite to eat when travelling on the skyland drive . its has improved over the years and I heard they are looking to move the diner to the back of the building to overlook the flat lands over this christmas shutdown

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I am disgusted at the state of the horse stalls here. Clearly not been mucked out for a long time. The staff cheerily dragged the still saddled,ungroomed horses into a foot of solid manure to clearly stand in until the next ride. No pasture to be seen.
I seriously hope some other horse people comment so that this will be remedied. Our guide had just started but the other two should stop lounging around and help these poor beasts.
The poor coughing horse behind me barely made it back from stumbling. It breaks my heart obviously it used to be a decent place judging from former reviews.

2  Thank Jo I