Review Highlights
Just a short trip but worth the views!

We drove Skyline Dr just from Luray to Front Royal. Beautiful views. Wish the trees had been... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
The4Myers
Ballston Spa, New York
via mobile
Pleasant drive and lovely scenery

We went on a weekday and it was quite quiet. The scenery was lovely although hazy because of the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
O2BNAPUB
Winchester, Virginia

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Shenandoah National Park
from $25.00
from $74.15
from $309.00
2,562 results
All reviews speed limit the blue ridge parkway scenic overlooks rockfish gap pull over numerous overlooks fall colors hiking trails every turn big meadows day pass visitor centers black beans beautiful vistas entrance fee entire length gas station
Selected filters
Reviewed July 24, 2019

My sister and I stayed the night in Luray and then drove into the park the next morning. The entrance from there is just a short drive and then ventured along Skyline Drive. It is simply beautiful and lots of pull offs and overlooks to take it all in. We didn't get to drive the entire route as we were heading to Rocky Gap that night. I bet this area is even more stunning in the fall with the leaves changing colors. A definite drive to do!

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed July 22, 2019 via mobile

This park has many overlooks and places to enjoy “the Valley”. Start at Waynesboro if you are going to DC. Skyline will drop you off close to I-66. Fall weather is the best but busy!!

Reviewed July 19, 2019

Friends, my wife and I took a day trip onto skyline drive. What a wonderful experience. The scenery and the views were majestic. We stopped and had a picnic lunch on top of one of the mountain picnic areas that overlooked the mountains and valleys. What a way to have lunch. Put this on your bucket list.

1  Thank jferro439
Reviewed July 18, 2019

Let me preface this review. The last NP I visited was GNP. The Going To The Sun road was by far better than the Skyline Drive.

That is why I can only give this drive 3 stars. We went in July 2019. So every thing is just green. The views of the valley after a while is just the same.

Reviewed July 16, 2019 via mobile

We drove from mile marker 1 to 50 before a storm hit which made driving off a little more challenging. To our benefit though we got amazing pictures of the clouds approaching the mountains before it hit. Wish we did some trials along the way but that will need to be saved for another time. We saw black bears and deer!