WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Skyline Drive

Skyline Drive
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: 105-mile scenic drive built in the 1930's goes through the entire length of the park.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Bask in the Valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I drove to skyline to avoid the busy hustle abd bustle of I95. And man it was worth it..took us out of the way. But we love the back roads and came across Sky Line Drive. This was well worth it. We stopped to look at the many overlooks available. Some being refurbished. But many to stop and just view the canvas which is our country. The lil country store to grab a quick bite was a good call. The service was great, food fresh and restrooms clean. So think about the next time your not in a hurry. Take this route. You will love it. We are goung back the next time to hike. And to really enjoy the canopy of this great country.

• Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bridgewater, United States
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Drive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Skyline Drive is a wonderful place to see the beauty of nature. It starts at Front Royal, Virginia and ends in Waynesboro, Virginia. I have traveled Skyline Drive for 19 years and every time I do up there I still enjoy it. A great place to see deer, a lot by Big Meadows and an occasional bear. I was up there today and there were tons of butterflies.

Allentown PA
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Hey must-see national Park!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We had a beautiful day in the Shenandoah national Park including a restaurant meal at the main hotel restaurant, as well as a hike among falls and a wonderful drive down skyline. This is a must do vacations spot for Virginia. The kids enjoyed it, the views fantastic, the wildlife was everywhere. The nice part about this park is that there are many things to do as a family with guided tours and instructional lessons for the children, as well as individual hiking, group hiking, or strolls on flatter territory that have beautiful views and sites as well. I was surprised to find beautiful waterfalls tucked into different sections of the park and as a result we're able to hike in a moderate way towards these falls, take great pictures, rest, relax, and then return without too much strain. Overall beautiful photo opportunity as well as a well-rounded vacation spot for everyone.

1 Thank MESAllentownPA
Chicago, Illinois
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We used skyline drive multiple times throughout our visit this past week- each at different times of the day. I'm glad we did because the deer are much more active later in the day. There are multiple overlooks that you can pull over and take pics- totally optional. It's fun talking to other drivers at each of the outlooks to see what they've seen, what they've hiked, etc. We didn't have a problem with traffic, but you should definitely be aware of the weather before heading on. There is a 15 dollar charge, but if you keep your receipt, you can use it for the entire week.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wildlife”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have been to Shenandoah National Park 4 times and I have loved my trips there. I am 17 years old and I loved all my trips there. I have drove all over Skyline Drive, hiked to a waterfall, biked around big meadows, and have photographed many bears and deer. One of the bears I saw there only had 1 ear. I didn't get a picture of that bear because my camera died. But I got pictures of many others. But all around I loved my trips there. And I only live 73 miles from there.

Visited July 2012