All reviewsping pongbunk bedsarts and craftshorseback ridingbuffet stylehot tubbag lunchbeautiful lakeyear after yearfun activitiessalad barnew forestall meals includedwine and cheesetie dyefamily traditionevening activities
Reviewed October 29, 2008

The wife and I enjoyed our two nights here on an unusually warm December. We took advantage of the low off-season weekday rates, which put us in a room for $69.

The room was basic, but clean and comfortable. No worse than an older Super 8. The rooms don't have TVs, but that was fine as we enjoyed spending the evenings by the fireplace in the lodge.

The food is "buffet" in that you help yourself from a steam table. And the food was very good. The wife was very happy with the food, and she's a picky eater. The tables are big, so you may end up sitting with other folk. Once our shyness was gone, we enjoyed this as well.

There were no activities going on, but that was okay as we spent the day sightseeing in the two national parks. They even packed sack lunches for us as we weren't going to be at the lodge for lunch.

I look forward

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PTerrell
Reviewed October 20, 2008

We booked Montecito as part of a two week road trip and it was the only place where we stayed for 2 nights. We were led to expect and all-inclusive resort that included many activities. What we got was a dirty, run down place with no activities on offer for guests who weren't part of a school trip and school dinners for meals.

Their website needs a major overhaul to accurately describe what guests should expect and we weren't the only ones who got a big shock on arrival. Our room was realy filthy and I'm sure the sheets weren't clean. There was no guest information in the rooms and when I asked at reception what was on offer all I was told was that we could take a canoe out on the lake (it's a pond) if we wanted. There are NO facilities in the rooms, so once dinner is over at 7pm, there's a very long quiet evening ahead.

My boyfriend said it reminded him of a kibbutz he stayed on and it reminded me of living in a co-op but without the work! This is a kids camp, not a hotel or resort. Expect very basic (and unclean) accommodation and school dinners and you won't be shocked, but for the price and what the website said, we were very shocked.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank css201
Reviewed October 8, 2008

The Lodge is rustic and no-nonsense, yes, but I found it to be clean, inviting and very comfortable. The staff was incredibly pleasant and extremely helpful when I had any questions and/or requests. The food was yummy, and there was plenty of it. The grounds were in need of a bit of up-keep, but it didn't stop me from enjoying myself. I liked the idea of the heated pool and Jacuzzi. It was great to view the stars while I was soaking in the hot tub. And, the bonfires at night were a great touch. I could see why couples would not want to visit during the summer when family camp is in full swing, but staying there during the off season is a no-brainer!

I cannot imagine why anyone would complain about this establishment. If you are looking for a five star resort, this, of course, is not the place for you. Me, I would definitely stay again, in fact, I want to go back during the winter months.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank PotteryChick
Reviewed October 2, 2008

This family camp is in a beautiful setting. It is very family friendly. It is not a five star resort, rather two to three star, yet the ammenities are excellent. The food is EXCELLENT, the activities are great, the setting is beautiful and the staff is friendly. I don't know why people write bad reviews of this place, we really enjoyed our experience.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Anabel1165
Reviewed September 4, 2008

This "lodge" is so poorly managed and maintained, I can't believe the Park Service keeps a contract with this company. Everything is run-down and dirty. When we visited our room in the lodge, I felt like I was entering some really cheap motel where you expected to see junkies and the like passed out in the hallway or on the stairs

An example of how poorly maintained this place is......the fence around the pool is held together by zip ties!! I promise this is the truth!

The one positive is that the food is OK. I would never stay at this "lodge" again or any other lodge or hotel operated by this company.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family