“Perfect Meditation”

Montecito Sequoia Lodge
Dallas, Texas
“Perfect Meditation”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We -group of 50- stayed for 2 nights. We all were believers of Dada Bhagwan group and married men only.
The place is best for soul searching meditation. The whole team of hotel staff- including housekeeping, cooks, sports attendants, went one step beyond to make our stay excellent. They not only prepared vegatarian food for us, but made sure, that the food is labelled very well fo ID.
The meditation hall, sports activities, boating, swimming, cycling, hiking, arching, name it and they have it.
The food was fantastic- more because of the love and heart from the staff. very Clean and comfortable beds.
All our ego get crushed when we are between the giant sequoia tress , Sky reaching hills and abundant wilderness of god's creation. We look so dwarf. It makes us look for our selves and question is raised: "Who Am I?" Why I am here?
In short: real real georgeius place. Activities for all kind of families, group, romance etc..

Room Tip: Early to bed and early to rise. Go hiking, visit all the nearby places. Travel Light as car parking...
2 Thank urvee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Carrollton, Texas
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Location is superb,staff is excellent in everything they do, several choice for food and beverages,room size is small but comfortable.lots of activities for all ages.driving distance from Los Angeles is about 5 hours and 2 hours from Fresno,ca.this facility does not have fitness center .

1 Thank Ketan J
Coppell, Texas
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed at this lodge from 27th Sept. through 2nd October 2013. I chanced upon it by default through Sequoia and Kings canyon National Park's website. I am glad that I chanced upon it. It's a great place to stay in Sequoia National Park. I had a single room, which was basic but quite comfortable. The bathroom size was quite nice. My room as well as the bathroom, each, had a nice size window overlooking a small lake. The view from this window in the morning as the sun rose was out of this world.

The staff is very friendly, helpful and eager to take care of the guests with smile. My dealings were with Nancy, the Lodge manager, Nick and Finch, the hike guide. I enjoyed interacting with them. The food is buffet style with a great deal of variety and excellent. Sometimes for breakfast they have "made to order" omelets! One can also request picnic/sack lunch the previous evening. Chefs, Bob and John do a great job.There is a basic bar and they allow you to bring your own wine. The corkage fee is the lowest I have ever seen anywhere! Price of various drinks is quite.
comparable to other places.

They have a variety of activities every day for adults as well as kids. Every day they offer one trail hike with a trail guide. The other activities available are paddle boating, canoeing, table tennis, basket ball, trampoline, volley ball, swimming pool, and hot tub. Some nights they do campfire.

Free WI-fi is available in the dining hall. Adjacent to the dining hall is a huge deck offering panoramic views of the mountains forming the Western Divide. One can just sit there for quite sometime and take in the views!

Overall, a great place to stay in Sequoia National Park. I hope I would have an opportunity to return to this place.

Room Tip: If you are reserving a single room , ask for the room # 137 in Sugar Pine Lodge.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank PradipMehta
Wrea Green, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I know it has Lodge in the title but I booked this after searching for 'hotel' and even this review offers the site as a Hotel. It was liking going back to school with 'quiet time after 10.00'.I still await whether dinner in the evening was in my bill - I assumed not as not mentioned in my 'reservation' but staff spoke as of it should be. .. There may be a need for places like this and can see a better fit with skiing but in September seemed a very odd experience I wouldn't want to repeat .The prices was sky high for an individual. Anyone walking in corridors at 6.00 woke everyone else up.Couldnt finish the breakfast - very unusual .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Euless, Texas
Reviewed September 30, 2013

It was one of the best places I have stayed. The chief was so nice that he cooked veg. food for the vegetarian guest. All the guest were really helpful and kind. Thanks, for the great time. The location is also the best and the view are really good.

Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We have stayed at Montecito Sequoia a few times before, but there's something new that I didn't see on the website-- new beautiful 2-story cabins. They are more like condos. I didn't stay in one because I didn't know about them when I booked, but new friends (met over a game of Scrabble our first night) let us take a peak. OK, back to our main lodge room experience. The Lodge rooms are comfortable and clean. We were in 102, which looks out over the Western Divide. Yummy meals. Plus juice, coffee, soup, etc. available all the time. We mostly did day hikes, rode bikes, and rowed around the lake. You can pretty much head in any direction from the lodge to get fabulous views. We hiked the nordic ski trails but without the snow. We asked to have a picnic lunch to take with us each day. No extra charge. I like the all-inclusive part of the deal because I love to eat and get hungry after so much exploring. Evenings in the great room were really fun. Also, the lodge staff was quite friendly and helped us with everything we needed. An A+ vacation. Kids vote we do it again soon!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Anna M
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My stay in this place was perfect. I slept in the cabine a pefect quiet night. The food is amazing for this kind of place, a lot of fresh vegetables and fruits, fish, beef and marvelous desserts.
The staff is also perfect, gentle and polite.

The lodge is situated in the middle of the park, close to the Kings Canyon and the other attraction.

Thank you so much for the best experience in the west.

Room Tip: The cabin, even without bathroom, is so marvelous, because has a fireplace, it's so romantic.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pstgelais
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Wuksachi Lodge
Cedar Grove Lodge
#4 of 4 in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Lazy J Ranch-Americas Best Value Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon

Been to Montecito Sequoia Lodge? Share your experiences!