All reviews ping pong bunk beds arts and crafts horseback riding buffet style hot tub bag lunch beautiful lake year after year fun activities salad bar new forest all meals included wine and cheese tie dye family tradition evening activities
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We were not expecting luxury because of the location (which was convenient), but it was down-hill from the beginning. We had asked for two rooms close together in Feb....when we arrived, one room was in the lodge and the other in a cabin. The room was VERY dirty as was the bathroom. There was very little light by which to read, etc. I would say that the service was not bad,....there was NO service. There were no glasses or ice buckets in the room When I asked for ice they said that would be $1. The food could have been nice since there was a good selection, but the meats, etc. were poorly prepared. The lunch they packed for us was very good and helpful. The staff's reply to everything was "you don' t understand." The people I observed enjoying themselves were families who could let their children have the run of the place. There seemed to be activities for the kids.All in all I would say that it was the worst place I have ever stayed.

Room Tip: After making reservations in Feb. we were surprised that our request for two room close together was not honored. The answer for this was that we should have paid the $20 no change fee. Now really!
5  Thank Carol H
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was my second stop on my 4 day ride thru California. I found this place on the internet and booked a single queen sized bed and bath room for my overnighter. Got there just in time for dinner which is INCLUDED and very nice. It was a small salad and hot food buffet with deserts and drinks. Was nice to sit at large tables and listen to or join in table conversation with other visitors. This is a rustic place in a rustic place and an excellent value family oriented resort. Breakfast in the morning was much the same as dinner the night before with plenty of solid comfort food that would stick to you for a day of hiking, biking or motorcycling. The staff were all very friendly and made me feel welcome. They went out of their way to help a fellow biker perform a minor repair to his bike before riding on. The views are captivating and sunrise was awesome. Picturesque lake for canoeing or fishing. For the value this was really hard to pass up and to have 2 full meals included sealed the deal and you are so close to other points in the park. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Peace2U.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Marmot Lodge, had my own bath, think the cabins may share a bath house.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank abstractdaddy
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed at the Montecito Sequoia Lodge in Sequoia & Kings Canyon Parks. The rooms were clean even though showing some wear. The staff was so friendly and helpful. Meals were buffet style and the food was plentiful and nutritious with fresh fruits and salads. They even fixed us a lunch for our day hiking so we wouldn't miss a meal. While the meals were pretty standard, where else can you sit and share a meal with people literally from all over the world? The kitchen was open to view and CLEAN! If you are going and expecting luxury, stay somewhere else. If you are looking for clean and affordable with an outstanding setting, then this is the place for you. The beds were reasonable comfortable, but the sleeping experience was not the best due to noise level from other rooms, but there was a fan in our room that provided some "white noise." The lodge is attempting to upgrade its image and I have a few suggestions: walls in the rooms are extremely thin and sound-proofing would be a major improvement. The door to our room literally had daylight showing underneath it so this would be an area for improvement. No ice machine available while lots of other things like coffee, tea were available 24/7. Our shower had so little water pressure that it was difficult to rinse off. A shower head that is made for low water pressure would have made such a difference. These are relatively small improvements, except for the sound-proofing that would have made a huge improvement in our overall experience. We would stay here again though as the location was AWESOME!

1  Thank Linda_Stephen
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Who-ever is planning to visit Sequoia NP - this is absolutely the place to stay. Conveniently located just in the middle of Sequoia and Kings Canyon NP, this place is a gem! Beautiful setting on the quite crystal clear lake, surrounded by forest and mountain view behind - the place is breathtaking as you just arrive. And the it is getting better - as you just move in - you realize what you are here for - just to enjoy all this beauty around - the room has no TV, set up like a cabin, but very nice, clean and cozy. There is hour-around activities going on - the group of stuff of young and energetic guys and girls are ready to entertain you and your kids whole day long! SO much stuff going on, so much fun, I don't even know where to start - our only regret was that we didn't come there with kids! Food is all included and it is nice and various food, simple but pretty decent and again it all served in their absolutely nice place with huge fireplace! so again, it is nice for everyone, but if you come with family, kids, it is just MUST to stay there, I've NEVER seen anything that family friendly.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Olga67_10
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Yes, a lot of trip advisors like this lodge because it is family oriented and geared for the summer vacationer. However, this review is based on a middle aged couple touring the parks in the fall. There are not a lot of hotels to choose from in Sequoia or Kings Canyon National Parks. Most are more expensive than this one. The Montecito Sequoia Lodge has location working for it because it is conveniently located between the two parks. Our room rate was $119 for a King bed and it included dinner and breakfast- which actually were decent considering they were served buffet style. . What warrants my rating is the lodging itself. The rooms are rustic to say the least, but clean. If TV and phones are your thing- the rooms don't have them. They do have Wifi in the lodge. You cannot park right next to your room. The lodge served its purpose for one night. The staff was friendly. A tip- wine and beer in the lodge is not cheap. You can bring in your own bottle during the evening meal and nobody will hassle you. Just don't have them open it or a corkage fee will be applied.

Room Tip: There is a lake on the property- ask for a room that faces the lake
2  Thank apacheap