“Get the ribs!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Place looked pretty average, but the service was decent and the food surprisingly good. In comparison to other restaurants in the area it was by far the best we had. The pizza was fine, bu the ribs were actually excellent: tender, juicy, smoky, and with a delicious BBQ sauce. A definite hit.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

While staying in the nearby cabins, this was about the only place - without a drive - to eat after a day of hiking. Had dinner two nights. Pizza was pretty good, but the second nights meal less so. My wife's meal was good, but my ribs were rather tasteless. I will say I am from the south and was raised on good ribs and BBQ so maybe this was typical for west coast ribs.

The best part was the deserts and the service. In fact one evening just before closing I went back for a slice and since the waitress was having problems with the register, she just gave it to me at no cost. Fortunately the next evening we had that same waitress, and I made sure to give her a good tip

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Manager was confusing a bit when we were wanting to be seated when thy opened at 4:00 but server Jaime was great and very attentive! ;-)

1  Thank Michaelnagy
Renee R, General Manager at Grant Grove Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Good day -

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor recognizing Jamie. She just joined our team last week and we agree with you - she is a great addition to the team.

Please come back and visit us again when your travels bring you to the mountains.

Warmest Regards -

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Food here was just ok. Nothing worth going back for. Service was terrible. VERY slow to just get greeted by server. Food prep and delivery was very slow as well. Water glass never kept full. Had to get my own refill. When I got up to get it, I found our server and several others standing around chatting. This combined with poor condition of cabin at same property is reason enough for us not to go back again.

Renee R, General Manager at Grant Grove Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Good day SJBN -

My apologies for the lack of service you experienced in our restaurant. We have identified that service staff is in need of some additional training and have scheduled "Guest Path" customer service training to take place immediately for our restaurant crew.

I hope that if your travels bring you back to Kings Canyon that you will stop in and give us another try to experience the genuine hospitality that you - and all of our guests deserve.

Yours in service -

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Long wait to get seated. Long wait to get served. Over cooked food. Served cold. Not much choice. Sold us a bottle of wine near the registration desk and them they wanted $12 to open it. What?
But as others have said no choice here. Place lacks strong management.