“Nice Decor and Relaxing Environment”

The Peaks Restaurant at Wuksachi Lodge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The restaurant and lodge are a welcome retreat after hiking and seeing the sights, my wife and I were here late in the season so the crowds were not a problem. I had the fish and chips and my wife had a salad, both were tasty and nicely presented. Plus, our waiter was very attentive and helpful in advising which trails and sights to visit during our afternoon. We both would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We ate lunch here and were seated by a window. The view just outside was pretty in an over groomed way. Wuksachi is a half mile of off the Generals Hwy and obviously the owners/developers had to "scrape away" the whole area before they could build the lodge and restaurant. Sadly, you feel like you are far away from the sequoias. Also, there is no outdoor patio and the restaurant windows don't open -- what a shame -- it was absolutely gorgeous outside.

We ordered the grass fed burger (excellent) and the salmon burger. The salmon burger was almost inedible due to the fact that it was charred and dry. I wish the menu would have stated that it was char broiled. I didn't send it back due to time restraints.. ...but I would have loved to have ordered something else.

Definitely the place to dine if you want something a little upscale while in this area.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The Peaks Restaurant at Wuksachi Lodge is located inside the registration building of the Lodge. If you are facing the Lodge front desk, the restaurant is to your left. It is about a half mile from the Generals Highways on Wuksachi Way and a couple miles from Lodgepole. There are not many dining choices in Sequoia National Park and this is the best of the short list. It is also a no brainer to eat here if you are staying at the Wuksachi Lodge as it is a short walk across the parking lot to the restaurant. It is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I went in mid-July with my wife and ate dinner here once and breakfast twice. They do not require reservations for breakfast but they do for dinner (at least they require them in the summer). We arrived and checked into the hotel at about 6 PM and then tried to get a table at the restaurant and they said they were booked solid until about 9:30 (we decided to eat at the Lodgepole instead since we did not want to wait). We did make reservations for the next night to make sure we got to eat at a decent hour.

The restaurant is in a good location and the views from its windows are great. It is located near the back of the registration building so the view is generally of nature and not of the parking lot out front. Ironically we did not see any wildlife while eating dinner but did see two mule deer as we were walking back to our lodge near the front parking lot. I thought the food was decent but not outstanding. It advertises itself as a premier dining venue but they fall short in meeting this claim. Their location hurts them as they are hampered by being in a remote location and mountain logistics (they probably have a tough time bringing in top servers and chefs to spend the summer in a National Park). I still liked the food and was happy to eat a decent meal up in the mountains. For dinner I had the rib eye steak and it was good. They have a full bar in case you would like something to drink with your meal (I think you can go to the bar area and get a drink before dinner too). For breakfast they have both a continental and full buffet. I had the full buffet one morning and the continental the next and they were both good.

The service was generally good and there was usually someone asking us if we needed anything. Our server for dinner was very friendly and told us how he and his wife ended up working there. Overall I enjoyed eating at The Peaks Restaurant and recommend it (especially if you are staying at Wuksachi Lodge).

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We arrived at the local lodge exhauted after a marathon drive from Vegas, following the scenic route. We dined here both nights and found the variety, service and quality to be a real surprise. We ate at 10-15 places across the National parks and this was the best of the lot.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

There aren't too many choices for places to eat in Sequoia National Park. We stayed at the Wuksachi Lodge and enjoyed this restaurant. You might need to wait at times. The food is good and the service is pretty average, but the prices were reasonable. There are limited menu choices, but it works well for short stays.