“blah”
Review of Boyden Cavern

Boyden Cavern
More attraction details
Owner description: A 45-minute guided tour takes you into a wondrous world deep beneath the 2,000-foot high marble walls of the famous Kings Gate. Massive stalagmites, delicate stalactites and splendid arrays of crystalline formations are a visual treat. Boyden Cavern is in the deepest canyon in the United States. Open May - October.
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Disappointing, rather small and unimpressive, cute but just cute, uninspired tour. I guess that I was expecting more and this certainly didn't deliver.

2  Thank casey h
in 3 reviews
"rocks"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Friendly staff with interesting (albeit a bit exaggerated) stories to tell. Kids will love it and the formations inside are of a good variety. Not too long but the hike up might deter those in poor shape.

2  Thank Vance_Neudorf
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stumbled upon Boyden Cavern on our way out to see the Roaring River Falls in King's Canyon (Highway 180), and it was a pleasant surprise. Guided tours are available several times a day, and is only $13 for an adult. Our tour guide (sorry, can't remember his name) was super informative and enthusiastic. I learned quite a lot from the tour guide about caves and the life that exists in it.

I also learned how horribly out of shape I am. We were warned that the walk up to the cavern was quite steep. This is an understatement. It is a MEGA steep walk up to the actual mouth of the cavern.

According to our guide, Boyden Cavern is a more intimate look at caves in comparison to Crystal Cave. I can't advise if this is correct since we opted not to visit Crystal Cave after touring Boyden Cavern.

3  Thank funnymoney
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We really enjoyed our tour through Boyden Cavern. The staff were friendly and helpful, and we enjoyed choosing and opening a geode - what fun! Just note, the walk up to the cavern entrance is rather steep, but short!

2  Thank Mooshele
See more reviews
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I took my two daughters 14 and 17 on the upper Gold adventure. Guides Daniel and Forest were
awesome and took great care of us and looked out for our safety. I was nervous about the possibility of seeing rattlesnakes, encountering,poison oak and cold water but we didnt see any snakes and the water felt good. ( Wetsuits are available if you think you might become chilled)
Being down in the canyon was spectacular, and the rappelling was fun. My girls are now looking forward to doing another canyoneering adventure.
Well worth the money. Totally unique.

2  Thank jscibetta