“Family Adventure” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boyden Cavern

Boyden Cavern
More attraction details
Owner description: A 45-minute guided tour takes you into a wondrous world deep beneath the 2,000-foot high marble walls of the famous Kings Gate. Massive stalagmites, delicate stalactites and splendid arrays of crystalline formations are a visual treat. Boyden Cavern is in the deepest canyon in the United States. Open May - October.
Syracuse,NY
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Family Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I took my two daughters 14 and 17 on the upper Gold adventure. Guides Daniel and Forest were
awesome and took great care of us and looked out for our safety. I was nervous about the possibility of seeing rattlesnakes, encountering,poison oak and cold water but we didnt see any snakes and the water felt good. ( Wetsuits are available if you think you might become chilled)
Being down in the canyon was spectacular, and the rappelling was fun. My girls are now looking forward to doing another canyoneering adventure.
Well worth the money. Totally unique.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank jscibetta

Fresno, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“pretty neat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

something you dont see every day i like to check out new and unique adventures

1 Thank Shawna H
Orem, Utah
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“typical”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I guess that I am spoiled, having seen many cave across the world. This one is less than impressive. The guide was good.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank vwsjones
Los Angeles, California
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“7 and 9 y.o. kids and Dad loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

The tour is one hour long and there are picnic benches at the base in a gorgeous spot by the river if any of your party is not going (I stayed with my disabled mom while my husband took the kids). There is a little gift store with food and coffee so time flew. The folks in the gift store were super-nice, knowledgeable and they recommended some other adventures (I forget what it's called, but where you are tied together and go up the river). It sounded really fun but not on our agenda this time due to Grandma. Ok so just so you know, the road up to the cave is too steep for a wheelchair which is why we stayed back. But a piece of cake for able-bodied folks and kids. Right on the main road of Kings Canyon, so unlike nearby Crystal Cave in Sequoia, you don't have to get off the beaten path to find it.

Visited May 2012
4 Thank The_Monicat
Fresno, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“"Get a sense of purpose"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

April 2011, Boyden Cave had just opened for the season and there was water still on the floor toward the back of the cave. We were given the opportunity to wade through the water and venture around. Inside, Boyden Cave it is beautiful. The tour is a short easy walk about forty five minutes, the toughest part of the walk is a five minute walk to the cave entrance up a scenic, paved trail. Boyden Cave is a real treat; you will see millions of years of history in the beautiful stagmites.., rock formations. This place is definitely a must see for your bucket list. The staff and our tour guide were “Fantastic and Wonderful” See some of my pictures on You Tube @ littlemoesquared See you there in 2012.

3 Thank CoCoMoesAdventure