“7 and 9 y.o. kids and Dad loved it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boyden Cavern

Boyden Cavern
More attraction details
Owner description: A 45-minute guided tour takes you into a wondrous world deep beneath the 2,000-foot high marble walls of the famous Kings Gate. Massive stalagmites, delicate stalactites and splendid arrays of crystalline formations are a visual treat. Boyden Cavern is in the deepest canyon in the United States. Open May - October.
Los Angeles, California
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“7 and 9 y.o. kids and Dad loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

The tour is one hour long and there are picnic benches at the base in a gorgeous spot by the river if any of your party is not going (I stayed with my disabled mom while my husband took the kids). There is a little gift store with food and coffee so time flew. The folks in the gift store were super-nice, knowledgeable and they recommended some other adventures (I forget what it's called, but where you are tied together and go up the river). It sounded really fun but not on our agenda this time due to Grandma. Ok so just so you know, the road up to the cave is too steep for a wheelchair which is why we stayed back. But a piece of cake for able-bodied folks and kids. Right on the main road of Kings Canyon, so unlike nearby Crystal Cave in Sequoia, you don't have to get off the beaten path to find it.

Visited May 2012
4 Thank The_Monicat

Fresno, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“"Get a sense of purpose"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

April 2011, Boyden Cave had just opened for the season and there was water still on the floor toward the back of the cave. We were given the opportunity to wade through the water and venture around. Inside, Boyden Cave it is beautiful. The tour is a short easy walk about forty five minutes, the toughest part of the walk is a five minute walk to the cave entrance up a scenic, paved trail. Boyden Cave is a real treat; you will see millions of years of history in the beautiful stagmites.., rock formations. This place is definitely a must see for your bucket list. The staff and our tour guide were “Fantastic and Wonderful” See some of my pictures on You Tube @ littlemoesquared See you there in 2012.

3 Thank CoCoMoesAdventure
Pasadena, California
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“glad we mad the drive from Lodgepole”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

The drive from Lodgepole to Boyden Cave was about an hour of beautiful, but winding road. We did enjoy Kings Canyon and the Boyden Cave tour. The short hike up to the cave is very steep. The cave itself is fairly small, but still interesting and the tour guide was very informative. We had toured Crystal Cave the day before and liked that cave more.

Visited September 2011
3 Thank kbman0222
Washington DC
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Canyoneering with Boyden Cavern”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Went canyoneering with the operator of Boyden Cavern. My 16 yr old and I had a blast on their "Gold" trip. They worked to dissuade me from doing the "Gold" trip, gold being their most difficult, 12 hr jaunt, but it was great. A really unique and wonderful way to experience the canyon up close and personal. I am in reasonable shape, and did not find this too difficult (actually not difficult at all).

Roughly 5 rapels, lots of time in cold water (they provide wet suits and dry packs, lunch, snacks, water). A real highlight of our trip and highly recommended for anyone with a sense of adventure. I felt taken care of and perfectly safe the entire time.

Visited August 2011
5 Thank rowingman
Asheville, North Carolina
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“As advertised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

My wife and I explored Boyden Cavern June 20, 2011and the guide was very informative and exciting to listen to. The caverns were as advertised and we explored to the far corners and the many various formations were well explained to us. We say do not miss this opportunity to explore the inner beauty of nature.

Visited June 2011