WINNER WONDERLAND

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Relaxing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very quiet and peaceful trail; very easy to navigate, but if constrained for time skip for more adventurous trails.

Waterford, Michigan
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Lovely meadow hugged by a river surrounded by grand mountains”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Worth your time while visiting kings canyon. We just took the left fork, walked around the boardwalk until we saw the lovely decking with the benches facing each other, took 50 pictures, then left. Pretty place. Peaceful. We were rushed with time. Wish I could be there a awhile to maybe catch some wildlife in action.

Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“What a gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

The park ranger said it was a beautiful place and she was right. It was well worth the nearly 30 mile drive from Grant Grove Village. We walked along the trail and hardly saw a soul. The Meadow was beautiful and we saw birds and just enjoyed the scenery.

Visited June 2013
Long Beach
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Favorite Hike In Years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

The hike offered so much, including many different types of swimming holes from white water to calm, still pools. There were fern meadows with wild berries, and grass meadows shadowed by granite cliffs behind. The walk is very easy and visually exciting, with the climax being a swimming hole fed by a raging waterfall!! Excellent excursion which I will revisit someday!!

Visited June 2013
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Easy, fun and gorgeous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Zumwalt Meadows is just a 10 minute drive from the Cedar Grove Lodge, and located almost at the end of the long scenic drive from Grants Grove (about 45 minutes).
There are restrooms when you arrive at the parking lot, picnic tables and and information sign where you can get the trail map for $1.50 donation I believe.

The walk/hike is pretty easy. You go over a suspended little bridge and then head over to your left and follow the trail that leads you through trees and plants, and then into the meadow. Once in the meadow you can see the beautiful mountains and the picturesque view of nature, it's really gorgeous! I have to admit though, when I reached this spot, I thought this is so gorgeous- but a bit boring, haha!
Once you go around to the opposite side of the meadow though you have to walk over and through the boulders and little canyon-cave like structures and this hike got more interesting in my point of view.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and so did my kids and husband.
People have said coming here at dusk you can see bears, all we saw were deer. But for me that's perfectly fine.
Not sure I'd like to be walking through the forest at dusk with bears accompanying me!!

2 Thank Luariyas