What a drive getting there. Saw all kinds of wild life (deer, black bear, bobcat and a dancing skunk). We arrived at the lodge at midnight, and were greeted like family. Although it was a bit of a walk from the car, the room was comfortable and clean. We came to the park to see the beauty of nature, so were only looking for a place to rest our heads. The lodge restaurant offered a nice breakfast buffet with a great view to start our day. We opted to take a half day tour with Sequoia Sightseeing Tours, and HIGHLY recommend that you seek PAUL out and utilize his service. He took us to all the awesome places that we couldn't have found on our own. He provided the narrative that made us understand and enjoy what we were looking at much more effectively. Both my wife and I were able to enjoy the view without worrying about the drive. The Sequoias are breathtaking. We were humbled to be in the presence of these magnificent representations of nature. We had a very pleasant lunch experience at the Wuksachi lodge, enjoying a reasonably priced gourmet lunch (you're up at 7000 feet by the way, not a lot of choices, but nice place to eat). All in all, we highly recommend Sequoia and Wuksachi lodge. This is the best time of the year to see Sequoia's splendor. The morning temperature was 34 degrees so dress in layers. It was a quite comfortable mid 50's by noon. ENJOY yourself !!!! Make sure you gas up before you come into the park as there is no gas available inside the park and it's over 20 miles from the entrance to the lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge