This is by far the nicest place to stay in the area. The lobby is nice and new, and the rooms are lovely (I don't think that their website does them justice!)
We stayed in a Superior Suite with my husband and me, my in-laws and our 12 month old daughter. It was perfect for us (and when you split the almost $300/night rate between the two families very reasonable).
The staff was really helpful and very nice.
The only negative comment I will make is that they charged us $10 for the use of the crib (and didn't tell us when making the reservation, checking in, or delivering the crib to our room... we had actually come packing a crib and would have used our own had we known... I've never hear of such a thing!) The restaurant there could have used better service during breakfast as they are really the only game in town (and it's a buffet, so how bad could the service have been right? Don't ask!) The BBQ dinner at Wolverton is so worth it though!
All in all though, it was a pleasant stay in a beautiful location with a wonderful staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge