Wuksachi Lodge is in a gorgeous location and perfectly serviceable, but nothing more. The room was spacious enough, and the ceiling fan helped with the airflow, but we experienced the same cleanliness issues as other reviewers. They really need to pay more attention to maintenance and cleaning. There is no other hotel option in the park, though, and if you plan to hike and have very active days outdoors like we did, staying an hour's drive away isn't going to work. You have to accept that trade off, I guess. That said, we loved everything about the park - it's a fantastic place! And we enjoyed the lodge's proximity to both the popular areas of the park and the trails we wanted to hike, it was very convenient to be a short drive from the trailheads. Meals were fine, but nothing special, and kind of pricey for what they were. The staff was very kind and helpful, the main building is lovely (you can even borrow board games from the front desk to entertain yourself after dinner), and you can't beat the setting. When else do you see 6 deer on your way to breakfast? Just wish they took better care of the rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge