We stayed here for just one night in August. The location was amazing and it was a great base for exploring.
Food was good, although the service in the restaurant was disappointing. We were told to make a reservation, which we did - for 8pm. Presenting ourselves at the desk at 8 on the dot we were told we needed to wait until a table became available - this took over 25 minutes! What is the point of booking for a certain time if you still have to wait for ages? It wouldn't have been so annoying if we had been told this was the process instead of us hanging around in reception waiting for our table time and then having to wait past our reservation time. Our server was not very engaging and completely forgot about our drinks order.
The room was comfortable and there was plenty of parking. Lovely view of the woodland in the morning so could happily watch the chipmunks collecting breakfast :-).
Short drive to main points of interest.
Now we know what to expect, would still stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge