Our room was quite nice. I think it was a "superior" room. It had a bedroom and a separate sitting area with a sofa, chair, TV and refrigerator. The location is convenient to both Sequoia and Kings Canyon. As a previous review mentioned it is quite a hike from the parking area to the rooms.
Our room was not ready until almost 5pm and the person at the front desk was quite rude. Not only was there no apology for the inconvenience and delay he actually looked at me like I was asking for some special favor by expecting our room to be ready at the promised 4pm. I don't think he was front desk staff--he was dressed in a different shirt from the other two people working the desk. I think he may have been a manager trying to help since it was a little busy. He should stay away from the front desk since his guest service skills are not something to be proud of. Before he came, Steve--who is front desk staff--had been very helpful, friendly and rightfully concerned over the room hold up.
It is still early in the season and they seem unable to keep up with the reservations. It will be even more chaotic when it's busier. That's a shame because the Lodge really is lovely. If the person assisting at the front desk is an example of their management it will be difficult to keep good staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge