If you pay this much for a hotel you should be able to eat. Reservations for dinner are essential if you want to eat at a normal hour. They should let you know this as soon as you reserve a room given that you are more than an hour away from any other dining options. When we arrived (with exhausted kids) we were told that we could not eat until 9:30 PM as we did not have reservations at the restuarant. To be fair, you can get take out and then walk back to the rooms but the food would be pretty cold this time of year.
Second bed of our "2 queen bed room" was a pullout sofa. No linens were provided. When we asked for them it took more than 40 min for housekeeping to arrive. Also mattress was so bad that my ten year old (who can sleep on anything) was up all night until he finally moved to the floor.
All that said location was beautiful and rooms were fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge