This is average on a forgiving day.
It's a fine property, and the staff is nice and cares, but this is just mediocre for the money, even after considering it is in the woods.
The place is understaffed. The all important gift shop/ canteen where you get water and food for you hikes and drives is not staffed. You have to wait in line at lodge check-in counter to buy your Gatorade, sandwich or trail mix as people check into the hotel. 25 minutes for Gatorade? Closest option is 25 miles away.
The meals were ok at best, but restaurant understaffed. Plan on long wait.
Rooms clean enough for the woods, but, the bed spread had not been clean in a while.
Okay enough if you want to stay in the park, but one night was enough. Again, I think the staff cared, but management cuts every corner they can.
Fodors was dead off on this one!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Odigeo so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge