Our party of three stayed at Wuksachi Lodge in April 2014. Here is a category-by-category breakdown of our rating:
Service at the Lodge is top notch. All the staff we dealt with were friendly and attentive. The reason we give this a 4/5 instead of a 5/5 was that there is no dedicated concierge or obvious place to get information about the park. It would have been nice to sit down with someone that knows the park to see what activities they recommended or what was available. If there was a concierge or someone filling that role, it wasn't obvious.
We thought the lodge was a great value - much cheaper than Yosemite for comparable service, location, and better food.
Sleep Quality: 4/5
The Lodge was pretty quiet while we were there, but you can still hear hall noise clearly. Depending on which side of your housing unit you're on, morning light can be quite intense.
No complaints or comments about room cleanliness.
Wuksachi Lodge is literally in the middle of the park, about an hour drive from each park entrance. The south entrance is a very windy road that gets icy in the winter - you *will* need chains if there's any chance of snow. The road can get quite steep - you should not attempt to drive to the lodge in the snow if you do not have chains. This makes the lodge a bit isolated. It is close to the General Sherman, Lodgepole, and Wolverton.
We had a 1-br suite which was comfortable and appropriately utilitarian. The only reason we give this a 3/5 instead of a 4/5 is because the WiFi in the rooms is very slow and sometimes it goes down without warning.
Swimming Pool: No rating
Fitness Center: No rating
Closing thoughts: We would definitely stay at the Wuksachi Lodge again. It's comfortable, has great views, and the staff is friendly. Just make sure you're prepared in the wintertime with tire chains and take it slow on the roads.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Otel, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge