Waksachee Hotel - Very good accommodations in Sequoia. Large and comfortable king bed and sofa in room. They only downside is the separation of the lodge from the rooms. They give you a flashlight in your room and you need it after dark. I realize that there are reasons for keeping the lighting low … There is an incredible sky at night and viewing the Milky Way is a rare opportunity. However, accessibility was a problem as the parking for the rooms was even a distance from the actual room. They do offer assistance with luggage and they drive up to the room on roads that are apparently off limits. We were traveling with an older parent who is mobile but still wouldn’t be comfortable walking in these conditions, so we just used the ‘restricted’ roadways to pickup and drop off. Another accessibility issue I notice was the tile in the bathroom. It was probably a slate … and very slippery when wet. Using the towel provided as a bath at was also a hazard.
Finally, it did seem noisy in the room. I could hear people walking about and closing doors. I also heard someone knocking on another door quite clearly.
None of these things detract from my rating of the hotel. It is in a beautiful setting and the room was large and clean. It is perfectly located to all of the main attractions within the park. I am not an architect or a designer, I just think that given the age of the building (1997?) there would be greater attention paid to accessibility and certainly should be made aware for anyone traveling with these issues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Otel, Odigeo, Hotwire, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge