When one goes to a national park with family, sometimes you have a need to stay at a lodge/hotel instead of roughing it (car-camping.) Most national parks do not have much choices in lodging and Sequoia/Kings Canyon National Park is no exception. There is one lodge within Sequoia Nat'l Park boundary, i.e. Wuksachi. (There is Stony Creek Lodge but that's within Sequoia National Forest.) It's fairly modern (less than 15 years??) and clean. It is probably the nicest lodging inside Sequoia/Kings Canyon boundary. It has a decent restaurant that you need to walk to from the lodge. That's about it. It's all nature from there, surrounded by sequoia trees and birds and nature. Lodgepole Village (not really a village but just one market/cafeteria/campground/trails to a fall) is within 10-20 minute driving distance and Moro Rock/Giant Forest is close as well.
If you can camp instead of staying at a motel/lodge, that's awesome. If you are not a camper or want to sleep on the bed for a change, this is it in Sequoia National Park. It is over-priced, Yes, but what isn't inside National Park? That is the price one pays for the comfort and warmth in the middle of nature.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge