Wuksachi Lodge
Silver City Mountain Resort(Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park)
$360
$110
$110
$155
$135
John Muir Lodge(Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park)
  • Free Internet
Cedar Grove Lodge(Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park)
TripAdvisor
Stony Creek Lodge(Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park)
2,540 results
All reviewsparking lotpeaks restaurantnational parksuperior roomdining roomsequoia buildingmain buildingseparate buildingswindow fanstewart buildingyour luggagedinner reservationsmake reservationsgiant forestbeautiful locationgift shopparking area
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed here the first night they re-opened after the shutdown so it was very quiet. We were also upgraded to a suite so were delighted with the room relative to what we paid. I loved Sequoia and we found it very tranquil. We found the restaurant really good and the staff lovely and informative.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were in the Stewart building room 109.The room was very nice and we were told we had a 'mountain view'. well, it was if you looked up and through the trees. they had a bonfire for Friday and Saturday night which was nice. we had a fridge and coffee maker which they supplied coffee too. no microwave. the bed was excellent and the sheets, towels, carpeting and shower were very clean. We got into our room around 5:30 PM and tried to make a dinner reservation at the only place to eat only to find out they were packed and could not get us in until 8:45PM. we ended up getting our food take out and eating in our room. We went to Grant Grove Village for breakfast and that is THE place to stay(Similar to Yosemite Lodge for location and convenience). it was a long drive to see the rest of the park or to get something to eat. Lots of hiking but it too was a ways to drive. Be careful when you go, the day we left it started snowing and required snow chains....we luckily got down the slippery slope that morning.

Room Tip: get an upper floor but pack light - no elevators and a bit of a hike from the parking lot and front desk
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Lodging in the National Parks is usually overpriced. This hotel is no exception however, I found the lodge a little cleaner, bigger rooms and very good food at the Peaks in the main lodge. The breakfast buffet carried us through our hikes. You are paying for the area and the privilege to stay in the park. It was worth the extra money to save time of traveling from outside the park.
I would stay here again. Check in and check out took forever, so go with patience. The chiefs special every night was excellent.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was looking forward to touring the big Sequoias on my California trip, and booked a night here for October 28, 2013. But a snow storm came up the day before, while I was still in Yosemite. where it was snowing, and I had to find out if I would be able to climb the mountains to this lodge in Sequoia. I called the hotel the morning of my reservation; the lady at the desk said, oh it's only raining, you will have no problem if you come up on 198 from Visalia. So five hours later, the National Park rangers at the park entrance, 28 miles from the hotel, said I couldn't go to the hotel without chains on my car. Having had experience being stranded with a rental company forbaddding use of chains on their vehicle, I didn't want to make the same mistake again. But I found out from some utility workers later that evening, they were turned back from going to the Wuksachi in a utility truck with chains. They said the road had been chains only since 10 am. So, thanks to the staff at this hotel, who gave out inaccurate information, I lost the $162 I paid for the room and needed to find another room in late afternoon in a rural area. Beware booking this hotel mid-fall or mid-spring.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank maggieclarke
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Spent one night here and it did not disappoint.

Yes it is expensive. But that's the price to pay for living inside the park. There are some cabins and other odd homey lodging options but I'm not that type to be that adventurous. The Village is off the main road in the park. There is a main building for the lobby/restaurant, conference areas, gift shop. Well maintained. Impressed.

Check in wasn't the fastest but again what's the hurry. There aren't a lot of places to go after dark anyways.

From the main building, the rooms are just a block up the street in 3 main buildings. All have very quick access from the parking lot. Stayed in Stewart which is the furthest out of the 3. Probably a little quieter. The suite we had on the first floor was very large, corner unit with 2 queen beds and a little side room with a tv, fridge, small table, 2 chairs and couch. Basically a separate living room. Modern, Clean, towels, soaps, amenities were nice, water pressure was decent. 2 luggage racks and hangers, lots of closet space. The single room had a queen bed and was a decent size. Beds and linens not too bad. Pillows weren't the best. One was firm and one was a down pillow (very flat). Great heating in the room so don't worry about being cold. I noticed there are ski racks in the room for winter time. Nice touch.

Restaurant.

There is a bar/restaurant behind the check in desk. Some strong opinions about the restaurant. Not super cheap about $30 per entree average. Not huge portions but the food was well prepared. There seems to be a lack of resources this time of year. The dining room was more than 1/2 empty but they would be turning people away for 2 hours. Make reservations I guess. Also, if you order a salad or cold dish, you get your food fast. Order entree, we waited nearly 40mins for our food. Again, we weren't in a hurry but that's a long wait. Service was just ok but that was our server. I would say 3/5 maybe 4/5 if the service was better.

I took some video of the room if anyone wants to see send me a message.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family