we spent 2 nights in Sept 2013. As others have said, I felt held hostage because it's the only place to stay and see the park without spending an inordinate amount of time in transit. First night dinner for our party of 3 was horrible. All 3 steaks were sent back because they were underdone. We ordered a Well, Medium and Medium Rare and the Well was almost passable for Medium Rare. Took quite a bit of time to get them back and they were better but still not to our specifications. Desert was the next challange-we had all ordered the 3 course fixed price menu so the desert was the same for each of us. First only 2 came out, one was stone cold and the other was boiling hot. Not sure how that can happen. Never saw a manager. When we left we immediately went to the front desk and asked to see the dining room manager. Our dinner check was over $130 for the three of us. Was told they didn't have one, but that the manager on duty would be right up to see us. About 5 minutes later he appeared. Said he wished he would have known about the problem during dinner. Not sure how we were suppose to do that!. He eventually comped the entire meal which did help. In all fairness the breakfasts were very good and the 2nd night dinner was much better. Funny I replied to the standard emailed questionaire from the hotel a week ago and have never gotten a reply. Maybe they don't feel they have to reply as they are the only game in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge