The location of the hotel is magnificent and the different accommodations are very nicely situated in the surrounding area. The price quality ratio is poor as the service provided by the staff is poor and the quality of the food is ok but not of the high standard as promised.
We made reservations in the restaurant for 2030 but had to wait until 2130 before we were given a table. This was partly due to the man at the desk who had forgotten us.
The food was ok but nothing more. Waiters did not know place of cutlery and a wine cooler for a sparkling wine was very hard to find for them.
One of the kids had to sleep on a bed couch that looked like waffle-iron. The staff at the check-in desk in first instance did not want to help us and we almost had to threaten him before another staff member brought an extra bed.
Altogether a highly overrated lodge with a poor price-quality ratio.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge