Wuksachi Lodge is in a great location near the center of Sequoia National Park. It is located just off the Generals Highway about 10 minutes from the Lodgepole Visitor Center and very close to most of the main hikes and attractions of Sequoia Park. This hotel is not in Kings Canyon National Park and is an hour drive from Grants Grove and about 2 to 2.5 hours to the bottom of Kings Canyon (5 hours round trip). Don't stay here if you are planning on spending lots of time in Kings Canyon.
The Lodge is nice and is in a great location. Ignore the more negative reviews of the lodge on this site as most of the bad reviews focus on things that have little importance compared to being inside the fantastic park. After reading some of the reviews I warned my wife that our hotel room may be old and worn out. We were really surprised when we walked in the door and everything looked clean and relatively new. This hotel even has cable TV (some National Park lodges are rustic and do not have TV’s).
The Lodge consists of a main registration building with a restaurant and then three actual lodges about a half a block from the registration building. There is lots of parking near the three lodges but the parking for the registration building is not near the front desk (maybe they planned it that way so you can see nature while eating in the restaurant instead of a parking lot). We stayed in the third lodge which is the farthest from the registration lodge – but the walk is still not bad. There is a slight walk up a gradual hill from the parking lot to the rooms (and no elevator in the building). They have a bunch of luggage carts you can use for free or the front desk will send someone over to help you (for a tip). This short walk did not bother me except I forgot a snack in the car and had to go out later in the evening to retrieve it before the bears became active and wrecked my rental car. The parking lot is VERY dark at night.
Overall my wife and I were very happy with our stay at this lodge and recommend it. Also, if you are planning on spending more than one day in the park you have to stay in a park property (as the drive into the Park is very slow). Staying outside the Park in Three Rivers and driving in everyday will take way too much time. Also, if you suffer from motion sickness the drive in from Three Rivers winds around the mountain and may cause a problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge