Indeed, as many others have noted, the Wuksachi Lodge is perfectly located with spectacular views. And, you are a captive audience as there are not a lot of other choices for lodging nor food. This hotel has the potential to live up to the luxury that is implied by its cost, but falls far short because of management shortcomings. We had booked adjoining rooms for our family of five and were told that we had two sleep sofas in an adjoining room to the master bedroom. In fact, one of the sofa beds was in the master bedroom and did not even have a mattress in it. Hence, one of our sons had to sleep on the floor. The room did not appear to have been vacuumed before our stay. The staff at the front desk, while pleasant, couldn't seem to diverge from their scripts and thus, seemed incompetent. Finally, the food in the restaurant, while good, took longer to arrive than it should have for a good restaurant. I am glad we were not in a hurry. And, it was very expensive for what it was. There are lots of opportunities here for hotel management improvement. In contrast, we had a wonderful stay at Bear Paw Camp and I cannot say enough good things about the facility and the staff. It is hard to believe they are managed by the same people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge