After reading reviews, I was aware of some of the concerns but decided this was still the best option for our schedule. Oops. I had no idea just how family unfriendly we would find it. After driving and walking all day with 2 kids the last thing we wanted to do was sit down to dinner and did not realize there was absolutely no other option on site. We luckily made it down to the deli at Lodgepole before it closed to grab something for dinner. The luggage situation is a bit crazy. We were in the building at the top of the hill so everything had to be loaded and dragged up the hill on a luggage cart. This is not a small task when you have 4 suitcases plus a cooler and backpacks to deal with. Because of the bears, nothing can be left in cars, so no leaving a bag or two in the car. I seriously underestimated the size of the hill you deal with. Why is there not an unloading area at the upper building??
The rooms are nothing special. Nicer than the Lodge at the Falls, but not nice enough to justify the high price. Beds were not comfortable and need replaced.
On the bright side, the location is really nice. We saw a bear and two cubs right in front of the hotel before we even got out of the car. Of course when the kids saw the bears they did not want to walk up that hill towards the woods! The WiFi actually worked pretty well, which was nice since we had not had much signal for a couple of days. There were good points, but this was not a good choice for us. Maybe couples instead?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge