This is a lovely location but it also was a comedy of hits and misses.
1) I register under myself and add my husband as a guest yet upon check in. He is the only listed and only one spoken to directly! Did I time warp in my climb up this mountain?
2) I was forewarned that there was a disconnect between the rooms and the lodge and I was prepared for this but I was not prepared for icy pathways that have not been cleared causing the trip from our car to the rooms a long and painful one.
3) Room was dirty in corners due to slapdash vacuuming and urine on the toilet and base.
4) Reservations must be made for dinner. Dinner is held in a large and lovely dinning room but service is also hit and miss. Bread at the table but no butter. Large windows to view the stunning view but seemly not double pained as cold was seeping in everywhere. Eat quickly as food gets cold fast. The only heat I could feel and see was the large fireplace but woe to those who are not seated by the fire as when exploring I noticed all the heaters were turned off--In the Winter!
5) Truly gorgeous location -that can not be disputed.
6) Price for food and rooms certainly not worth was is given to you and it is too bad if you want food in your room cause there is no microwave and the small gift center and restaurant are not open very long.
Would I stay here again? Only for the view and at a bargain rate. I have had more for less.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge