“Nice lodge close to the big trees”
Review of Wuksachi Lodge

Wuksachi Lodge
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed here with my son on a hiking trip in the Sequoia National Park. I was actually very impressed by the lodge. No doubt it is pricey, but to be able to stay in the middle of the park so close to the big tree makes it worth while. The condition of the lodge is fairly new, relative to the yosemite lodge. We had a room with spectacular view of the snow capped mountains. The food in the dining room was standard DNC fare. The ambience was great though with the beautiful fireplace and the view of the mountains. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,464)

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Wuksachi is all about location. My husband and I took our 15 year old with us on an LA-to-San Francisco road trip, and my must-see item was the sequoias. They are AWESOME! Normally we camp when visiting national parks, but since we flew to LA, we had no camping stuff. Wuksachi provided a nice, on-sight place to stay during our visit.

The rooms are clean and comfortable (but no unnecessary frills), the front desk staff were pleasant, and the evening ranger talk (about stars) was fun. We had an excellent dinner in the restaurant, and enjoyed free coffee in the lodge the next morning. I would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Not all rooms have A/C, so ask for one when you book if that is important to you. Also, no elevator...
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I'll be honest to say I was cautious previous to our arrival after reading other negative reviews. It just makes me wonder what others expectations are? We had a wonderful 4 night stay in Sequoia and had no issues with our room or the staff. I was totally prepared for what to expect after reading the reviews. Given the fact that the majority of people coming to the Park are camping, the lodge was our only option. The walk from our room to the lodge was no more different or difficult that staying at a large resort and having to walk to a restaurant. It was actually much nicer as there were deer, chipmunks and quail everywhere. We even saw a bear driving up the main road to the lodge. The staff was very accomodating and helpful. The young people at the front desk and restaurant are obvious seasonal employees but all were very pleasant. One young woman at the front desk was most helpful with several questions. A special thanks to Natalie in housekeeping for our request for another blanket. While we had no air conditioning in our room, we needed another blanket as the temperature outside was close to 40 degrees in July. My family and I thouroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to others. A point of mention is to definitely go to the Wolverton BBQ, well worth it.

3  Thank MLG50
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My girl friend and I spent a couple of night at Wuksachi Lodge 2nd week of July 2012. Following is our observations:

1) Restaurant price is very high and quality of the food is incredibly poor. Avoid the restaurant.
2) Bar prices are also very high. It is highway robbery.
3) A/C in the room was noisy and inadequate. Room was OK.
4) Staff is friendly.

ADVICE: Load up your car with beer, wine, drinks and food. STAY AWAY from Wuksachi restaurant and bar, you will be robbed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bruce a
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Clean, somewhat rustic rooms with small fridge and daily ranger-lead activities. Individual 2 story buildings separate from the "front desk" and restaurant. The restaurant is ok. expensive for average food. The Wolverton BBQ is a good alternative.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Wuksachi Lodge is stylish and upscale without being intimidatingly snobbish. The rooms are spacious, and the beds supremely comfortable. Just one word of caution: no elevator. Our room was 335, which means it was on the third floor.

Our visit was greeted by two deer who simply fed off the bushes. They were so tame they let people come within a couple feet and take photos. They were SO tame I had to caution my friend not to feed them berries out of his hand!

Back to the lodge.... The whole area is beautifully encircled by an endless expanse of trees. It's quiet and beautiful. The restaurant was really quite good (I'll review that separately). They smartly keep the menu a touch limited because, if you offer too wide a variety, there would no way to keep the high standards they obviously have. Mainly they offer meat and seafood, but isn't that the type of heart fare you want after a long day of trekking around?

I also appreciated their reasonable prices, especially for dessert. I don't believe anything was more than $7 for dessert. Wine was also a good buy. Just $28 for Estancia Pinot Grigio.

The Lodge has a gift shop next to the large reception desk area. It offered souvenirs I doubt you would find elsewhere.

In short, Wuksachi is a good find at a reasonable price. If it had a swimming pool I'd find it hard to leave.

Room Tip: If you don't want to carry bags upstairs, ask for something on the ground floor!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2012

A smart but sympathetically designed hotel with friendly staff and a good cafe/restaurant. The room was good value by national park standards and most of the best bits of Sequoia Park are within easy reach. We enjoyed the stags browsing in the gardens.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeremy138
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
John Muir Lodge
John Muir Lodge
#2 of 4 in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Montecito Sequoia Lodge & Summer Family Camp
Montecito Sequoia Lodge & Summer...
#3 of 4 in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Cedar Grove Lodge
Cedar Grove Lodge
#4 of 4 in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon

Been to Wuksachi Lodge? Share your experiences!