We stayed in a deluxe room. The room was clean and the furnishings seemed pretty new. We got some spotty wifi signal in our room, but our tv had terrible reception, the picture was clouded by “snow”. Also the deluxe room description and pictures show a table and chairs in the room which we did not have, we had a small desk with one chair. There is a mini fridge which was great, but we tried to make hot water for tea in the coffee maker and it turned out smelling and tasting like watered down stale coffee. Also you could hear a lot of noise from people in the hallways. Also when staying at the Wuksachi your only convenient option for food is the Wuksachi Restaurant which is formal and a little pricy (In late October everything at Lodgepole was closed so your only option other than he Wuksachi Lodge for food is in Grant Grove which is almost an hour drive). The name says "Lodge and Village" but all that is there are the hotel rooms and a building with a small gift shop and restaurant. The food we had there was good, but overall we felt that staying at the lodge was overpriced for what you were getting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge